• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Taggart wins BIG next year, does he stay?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

I am hoping that this being his hometown area that would sway him to stay but is that just being too biased?

Also tons of schools are hiring new coaches this year so is it probable next year there will be less openings?

Does he stay if a middle tier school comes calling like a Virginia Tech/Mizzou/Arkansas?

Does he almost certainly leave if a top program like a Texas, FSU, LSU offers? 

It seems he has what it takes to bring our program to the top but how likely are we to keep him? Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

We ... yes we... must tell him to stay and send fan love every to him and make him feel like he's the most wanted person on campus. That will win and we must start now... tweet him, email Harlan, Facebook trend him, instagram him, do everything!

Edited by The painted man (David239)

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Personally I hope that having his kids around family keeps him here. I know it was a big reason why he left WKU was because it was home. Think he would pass up mid teir programs out of the state but if a big boy comes calling he may leave; especially if it were UF, FSU or Miami.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Money, money, money will keep him here. Do we have enough of it? Time and the windfall from our separation from the Big East will tell.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

First of all, Taggart has to win big next year.  Our team is looking great right now, but next year hasn't happened yet.

If we win big next year, that's a good problem to have:  Our coach has proven to be so good that big schools want him.

So which would you rather have, a crappy team and a coach no one wants, or a winning team who is always worried about someone offering the coach a better offer.  I'll take the 2nd problem.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

First of all, Taggart has to win big next year.  Our team is looking great right now, but next year hasn't happened yet.

If we win big next year, that's a good problem to have:  Our coach has proven to be so good that big schools want him.

So which would you rather have, a crappy team and a coach no one wants, or a winning team who is always worried about someone offering the coach a better offer.  I'll take the 2nd problem.

I'll take that problem too. I think he'll stay until the big names come calling. He'd be uncommon (to say the least) if he turned any of those gigs down.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

If he can win at USF and get paid nearly the same, and be near family, why leave? 

Seems easier to go undefeated in the AAC and make a run at the playoff than in any of the P5 conferences. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Depends on the offer. If it's a great offer and big $ increase, then of course he doesn't stay.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Let's hope we find out.