• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

If Taggart wins BIG next year, does he stay?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Let's hope we find out.

this wins

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Personally, I don't think he leaves for a middling so called power 5 job, as long as he gets a decent extension from USF, say to around 2M per year.

Much rather have a hot coach in demand than a bad football team.  Hope he wins 10+ and we get to find out.   

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

If he can win at USF and get paid nearly the same, and be near family, why leave? 

Seems easier to go undefeated in the AAC and make a run at the playoff than in any of the P5 conferences. 

But that's the problem, no G5 team really has a legit shot at the playoff. Memphis was never going to make the playoff this year if they ran the table, despite what some articles said and a few analysts saying if this team lost to that team, and that team loses to this team, and that team lost to that conference champion, and that....then maybe Memphis might have a chance if this team loses to that team and so on... The majority of people/fans that think G5 teams have a shot are the people on this board/AAC fans. If he has a big year next year and a decent school offers him, I'd have no ill will towards him leaving. We are in the AAC and it's a stepping stone job.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

But that's the problem, no G5 team really has a legit shot at the playoff. Memphis was never going to make the playoff this year if they ran the table, despite what some articles said and a few analysts saying if this team lost to that team, and that team loses to this team, and that team lost to that conference champion, and that....then maybe Memphis might have a chance if this team loses to that team and so on... The majority of people/fans that think G5 teams have a shot are the people on this board/AAC fans. If he has a big year next year and a decent school offers him, I'd have no ill will towards him leaving. We are in the AAC and it's a stepping stone job.

And the bottom of the so called power 5 has no shot at the playoffs either.  See Baylor and TCU last year and also North Carolina this year.  Think Syracuse, Wake, Duke, etc. will EVER make the 4 team playoffs.  NO.  I would argue USF has a better shot that those teams to make it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

And the bottom of the so called power 5 has no shot at the playoffs either.  See Baylor and TCU last year and also North Carolina this year.  Think Syracuse, Wake, Duke, etc. will EVER make the 4 team playoffs.  NO.  I would argue USF has a better shot that those teams to make it.

And I don't think coach would leave for those types of jobs. And you and some people still don't get it. As long as there is a 4 team playoff, USF has no chance to make it. An undefeated USF team next year won't make it. Beating a rated FSU and maybe a rated AAC team or two won't be enough.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

And I don't think coach would leave for those types of jobs. And you and some people still don't get it. As long as there is a 4 team playoff, USF has no chance to make it. An undefeated USF team next year won't make it. Beating a rated FSU and maybe a rated AAC team or two won't be enough.

You're right.  The P5 cartel will never let a lowly G5 team crash their blue blood playoff system.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

If he is truly committed to the area, completely happy with his home life and family, and feels like he is being compensated fairly we may have a shot at keeping him here. It really depends on his ambitions and how he feels. I think if we keep him we could be a juggernaut. Who knows this could be his destination job, or at least he could built it into one.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

You're right.  The P5 cartel will never let a lowly G5 team crash their blue blood playoff system.

who can we book that would take us to the next level? It appears that beating the best teams doesn't even guarantee you anything nowadays 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

If he is truly committed to the area, completely happy with his home life and family, and feels like he is being compensated fairly we may have a shot at keeping him here. It really depends on his ambitions and how he feels. I think if we keep him we could be a juggernaut. Who knows this could be his destination job, or at least he could built it into one.

do we not remember we where #2 in the nation? Taggert promised that he would lead us to championships an he left wku for that possibility... we can be a big time school and we all know it we just gotta tell tags how much we want him and believe in him. BE LOUD on social media and remind him of this. I tell you the truth if u do this he will stay. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672

if USF was undefeated this year we would make the playoff without any doubt. We would have beaten 5 ranked teams. That is deserving. What teams beat 5 ranked teams and one top 10?

FSU 

Memhis

Navy

Temple

Houston

• Upvote 1