• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't see Publix being a sponsor of the stadium.  

DR; can't consider the possibility.  Does not compute.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

My statement was harsh, sorry. But, your statement was asinine. We're talking about a huge investment from our university on what most have considered a pipe dream for the better part of 20 years, and you're really moaning about CROSSING THE STREET. Wow.

If this happens I will re-enstate my season tickets despite living literally across the country now; and give away the tickets when I can't be there. This would be HUGE. EPIC. GET IT DONE. Don't let complainers stop or slow it down.

Dude, I wasn't moaning about crossing the street.  I'm simply trying to suggest that a location in the middle of campus provides for a much better gameday experience than just parking in a huge lot next to the stadium. That's all.  I can live with the MOSI site, but for me it is not the preferred site.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Also i forgot to mention that USF has already hired the engineers or heads to put together this stadium. I saw there picture together.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Dude, I wasn't moaning about crossing the street.  I'm simply trying to suggest that a location in the middle of campus provides for a much better gameday experience than just parking in a huge lot next to the stadium. That's all.  I can live with the MOSI site, but for me it is not the preferred site.

79 the problem is that campus is already congested. It takes room we don't necessarily have to build on campus. The easiest solution would be to demolish the track stadium, but even then you have to move things around. It also requires us to well, build a track stadium or place one within the new football stadium. It also has the problem of creating new inlets into campus that aren't there. You'd have to find ways to funnel everyone in from Bruce b downs. Fletcher, and fowler, two of which are already built out and difficult to expand. Putting the stadium across fowler at MOSI allows you to easily push everyone into the campus and use the athletic fields for parking. 

79 the problem is that campus is already congested. It takes room we don't necessarily have to build on campus. The easiest solution would be to demolish the track stadium, but even then you have to move things around. It also requires us to well, build a track stadium or place one within the new football stadium. It also has the problem of creating new inlets into campus that aren't there. You'd have to find ways to funnel everyone in from Bruce b downs. Fletcher, and fowler, two of which are already built out and difficult to expand. Putting the stadium across fowler at MOSI allows you to easily push everyone into the campus and use the athletic fields for parking. 

Actually, it could fit well... see the first image on my post here: http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/101949-we-are/?page=2#comment-1421599

The Maple & Holly location would use multiple entries into campus... the MOSI location would shift parking and traffic to the south side... and would cause issues with pedestrians crossing Fowler Ave.   (Not to mention the problems with 46th and 50th Streets).

(Think of it like this, what if RayJay was built where HCC is now... with parking in the current lots... everyone crossing Dale Mabry?)

Also, with MOSI we have to demolish the existing structures... so that adds to the cost.

Edited by JimUSFSig

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The OP is like:

giphy.gif

And that reminds me, is there room in the budget for a monorail?

anigif_enhanced-2830-1406820864-30.gif

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Also i forgot to mention that USF has already hired the engineers or heads to put together this stadium. I saw there picture together.

IF  this is real, they are doing it without going thru the normal (proper) channels. There is NOTHING going thru the construction office.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

IF  this is real, they are doing it without going thru the normal (proper) channels. There is NOTHING going thru the construction office.

this is real. I'm not baiting you guys. I would not tell you guys something on this scale and lie about it. Also I'm not a big huge fan of a OCS... Makes my drive longer.

Edited by The painted man (David239)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

What if we're all wrong and they're going to build it on off Bruce b downs after they move the Med school downtown? I do think that Maple and Holly location would be the sweet spot, but we'd need to build a new parking garage or lot. 

Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

MOSI would be a great location. Not bad at all...

However, this isn't happening. USF is still in the 'study' phase. There is no contract, fundraising, or investing set for an OCS. 

• Upvote 1