• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tom Allen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, nobullaboutit said:

We have a transfer punter sitting out. Not sure of 1st name but his last name is Ruggles.  Know his Mother real well.  He was not taken to the game even though he works out with the team.  Maybe he will also help this coming year.

Not sure what this has to do with Allen, but Mike Ruggles averaged 46.7 yards per punt as a soph at UTEP...he will be our starter next season with numbers like that...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Isn't that a little bit contradictory? On one hand you're saying it's a sudden change and and the next wondering why it took so long. Can't really fault him for giving it one more year, though. Really don't want to be changing offenses on a year to year basis. As far as having the personnel, the qb's he had in that first Spring game were Floyd, Miller, Eveld x 2 and Eppes. He probably wanted to see how it would work with a decent qb that also had a Spring game under his belt.

I wasn't crazy about his utilization of QF last year, either, but now it's pretty obvious that he saw something special in him and wanted to try and get him going as soon as he could. Maybe that experience under fire last year speeded up the learning process this year. As far as the punter goes, it was unfortunate but still leaves us with 3 years to get another one in here.

Maybe didn't say it right.  If he was willing to change his philosophy, why did it take 2 years and then in week 4 of the 3rd year make the sudden change.  A know you are a Wordsmith so forgive my lack of it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

18 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Maybe didn't say it right.  If he was willing to change his philosophy, why did it take 2 years and then in week 4 of the 3rd year make the sudden change.  A know you are a Wordsmith so forgive my lack of it.

Although yes, I am a Wordsmith, this time I just didn't understand where you were coming from .... with the sudden change you were referring to was an in season play calling change, not the more broad offensive philosophy change from last year to this. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't get it either, but I have to give him credit for doing it...

Please, burning a red shirt on a punter (an average one at that) is no big deal. They come and go and the back ups are rarely on scholarship. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I have not been a huge fan of CWT in the past.  But while in Miami I had a discussion with a respected member of his staff.  I learned that the former AD who hired Taggart put some stipulations as to what qualifications the staff he hired needed.  So CWT was handcuffed a bit as to which coaches he could hire.  This last go-round he was able to hire the guys he wanted.  After that discussion I am more of believer that CWT is the right guy for the job.

3 hours ago, USF_Grouper said:

And here I was thinking there is no way I could have a lower opinion of DW...

That does make sense. I'd question a coach who takes a job under those conditions - but that definitely makes me feel better about his potential.

Not making excuses for Woolard, but after Skip hired Chris Cosh, I'd probably start tightening the screws on DC hires, too. Not that it helped seeing as we ended up with Chuck Breezy. There was probably some misguided, incompetent logic behind it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Didn't really happen all the sudden in week 4

Since early in the preseason he already stated he was going to a more spread out up tempo scheme. This was was implemented in a more or less limited structure since the beginning of the season vs FAMU.  So it was practiced all spring/summer.

After the loss to Memphis (and discussing with QF) is when he decided to open the playbook up even more.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

8 hours ago, DataBull said:

No way Allen doubles or triples his salary because his feelings art hurt? 

ROFLMAO

He would take the offer in a heartbeat.

Aw, man,,,I'm forced to agree with DataBull again.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

Auburn allegedly "turned down" by Penn State's Bob Shoop, the longer this goes on, the more 612 yards to WKU might become palatable or excusable.

I may be tossing my name in the hat.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Auburn allegedly "turned down" by Penn State's Bob Shoop, the longer this goes on, the more 612 yards to WKU might become palatable or excusable.

I may be tossing my name in the hat.

I nominate War Flamingo for the position. Auburn birthed that monstrosity and they should be obligated to take it back.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Raetus said:

I nominate War Flamingo for the position. Auburn birthed that monstrosity and they should be obligated to take it back.

YOU LEAVE WAR FLAMINGO OUT OF THIS!!!  War Flamingo's are a respected member of the USF community.  

GO BULLS!!!

#warflamingo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2