• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

seems to be a disconnect between USF Student Government & Greek Life and your Football Program. At most schools Greek Life are the most passionate supporters of the Athletic teams

Unfortunately, the Student Body President and Vice President are fraternity affiliates.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Who gives a ****? 6 months from now, the kids at St. Jude's are going to remember what his fraternity did for them Saturday night. Want to bet the football team football team doesn't even notice they're missing?

It could've easily been scheduled for the bye week or the week of an away game. The dates are known way in advance even though the times can fluctuate up to a couple weeks in advance. Again, all of this depends on if those in charge of the planning actually care about home football games. Also, nobody is saying not to have the event so just stop it.... 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The event is to raise money for St. Jude's Children's Hospital. It has nothing to do with chasing ass.

In fact, we (Fraternities) tend to bring sororities girls to home games that wouldn't show up otherwise. 

My brothers and I are pissed off about the entire situation and are trying to make it to the game by the start of the second half. BUT!

Shame on you who are having a hissy fit while one of us chooses to express our disappointment in a scheduling conflict. Celebrate the fact that we actually have our priorities in order by choosing to contribute positively to society rather than add to the garbage reputation of the collegiate Greek community that's developing in the media.

I'm still a guy who is passionate about USF football but I understand that having an impact on the lives of others is worth more than indulging in temporary pleasures. 

Relax I was just jerking your chain. You showed some class coming on here and explaining what was going on. However, in all seriousness, the student participation (yourself excluded) does have a lot to be desired. Good luck in your fundraising and thanks for representing USF in a positive manner. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

meh, I feel for the guys committed to going to the event. Some scheduling crap can't be helped and honestly I'd rather have USF known for activity in the community than cheering for the football games. If they can make it, I'm sure they will.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

meh, I feel for the guys committed to going to the event. Some scheduling crap can't be helped and honestly I'd rather have USF known for activity in the community than cheering for the football games. If they can make it, I'm sure they will.

This.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Unfortunately, the lack of a winning football culture and lack of attention to USF football has led to a sorority scheduling a philanthropy event at the exact time of the biggest home game of the season. As an active Fraternity man here at USF (who abhors missing home games may I add)

5f11ea01b89ba9f20c68b05178c85003b06800c1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Come on.  Really?  Didn't you nitwits do this same thing during a big game last year?  I swear we had this thread last year after a game where the student section was empty.

There are 6 home games this year.  Sometimes there are 7.  The dates are announced in February.  The times are usually TBA until a couple of weeks before the games.

Leave the home game days OPEN.  Don't schedule any events on game day.

It's a good charity and a good cause, just picked a bad day.  Even if we were 0-9, it's still an epic fail of a scheduling issue.  2 years in a row.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

Shame on you who are having a hissy fit while one of us chooses to express our disappointment in a scheduling conflict

. Celebrate the fact that we actually have our priorities in order by choosing to contribute positively to society rather than add to the garbage reputation of the collegiate Greek community that's developing in the media.

Spare us. You are either trolling with this whole situation (not making it perfectly clear it was for a charity event up front is a bit suspicious) looking for the reaction you got or totally clueless about how a passionate USF SPORTS message board would react to this "confession" that there was really no need for in the first place. Either way, trolling or clueless, you have picked the perfect major ...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Come on.  Really?  Didn't you nitwits do this same thing during a big game last year?  I swear we had this thread last year after a game where the student section was empty.

There are 6 home games this year.  Sometimes there are 7.  The dates are announced in February.  The times are usually TBA until a couple of weeks before the games.

Leave the home game days OPEN.  Don't schedule any events on game day.

It's a good charity and a good cause, just picked a bad day.  Even if we were 0-9, it's still an epic fail of a scheduling issue.  2 years in a row.

GO BULLS!

I believe your right.  Did a search, and indeed they held their frat recruitment during the week the Maryland home game, so they weren't "allowed" to go to the game.

Wasn't there also no turn out for the last home game vs SMU?

Edited by Dogma
  • Upvote 1