• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So negative...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I admit I'm naturally optimistic so I always look for the positive. I'm starting to think that I can't get my Bulls news here. People are just too negative. The announcer said it best, we are on the right track, we're just a couple steps behind Memphis and having their type of transition. Paraphrasing of course, but I believe it. 

I, like you all, have watched this team for years. I started at USF in 2006.I know how "good" we were and I have seen us fall from grace. I can see a true difference in this team and I believe CWT and company are doing the right thing by us. Losing sucks for EVERYONE, especially the student athletes who are working their tales off, but if they can fight and believe why can't you? 

This coach put his reputation on the line to take over a dumpster fire. He's not perfect and neither are we, but saying and believing that he's inept and doing anything less than his best with this program is ridiculous. That was the most complete game I've seen from this team in a while. Losing hurts, but if we continue to grow like we are we are going to give lesser teams fits. 

Memphis only scored 24 points... That's amazing. QFs can throw the ball like "we all" hoped he could. He's becoming a great leader and I hate the result but I thank God for the process. People said we were spoiled in the past and every time I come here I can see why. We rose faster than we deserved and can't handle the growing pains. We want to fire and replace everyone for every minor offence...

I'm proud of my Bulls and their progress. I hope some of you can get past the anger in your heart and see the growth. If you can't, watch any game after BJ Daniels went down. Watch any game from 2 years ago... Watch the UCF game last year and tell me you don't see the change. 

Go ahead and hate I'm taking a break from here anyways. Go Bulls!!!

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

Have a good break.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Close, very close.  Most can't see it.  

Go Bulls!

In all seriousness, do you still think Taggart is the right guy for the job and will get this turned around?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

Close, very close.  Most can't see it.  

Go Bulls!

They are close.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I honestly do feel like we are improving....slowly.  And Taggart seems to be getting some better players each year.  The problem is Taggart's offense.  You can't be successful with one of the worst offenses in college football year after year after year.   

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

They only scored 24 because they milked 8 minutes off the clock in the 4th. Completely downshifted their O because they knew their lead was secure. They were playing the clock.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

This my good man is what we call spin... You are good at it. They only scored 24 because that's what they could score. Most teams don't go out and says let's score just enough to win. I'm sure they pride themselves on their high powered offense and won't hurt their stats just to beat us. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I like your attitude, but Taggart's multiple blunders tonight made it very clear to me that he isn't a gameday coach. Good recruiter, but he is going to get outcoached constantly.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart is a good head coach, but he isn't letting his offensive coordinators do their jobs and call the plays. If we had some decent play calling with more passing mixed in we could be a very good team.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

Our defense played great as usual.  I  feel terrible for the defensive players who work their tails off, and consistently give us a chance to win just to watch the offense not produce.

But I also feel the same for the offense.  I watch such talent not able to produce and I think its not the talent but the coaching. The play calling is so ridiculously predictable, conservative and just flat out unwinnable. 

Couch T. seems to never take a chance until he absolutely has to and the opposing teams read right into it.   We can try and run and nickel and dime it all we want but it's not going to work.   While, I do think part of the offensive problem is our QB situation, I'm not sure who to blame.  I think Flowers might be able to throw it and he showed he could a few times tonight he's never given the chance, and if he is it's on a play that the defense is expecting the throw..   

As far as the QB situation goes, Flowers is supposed to be able to run the ball which is his supposed strength but he is not a B.J. Daniels or Matt Grothe.   His running game was pathetic tonight.  I'm not sure what he did that was better than just handing the ball off.  Pretty much all of his quarterback keeps either produced nothing or lost yards.  So what makes him better than Bench is beyond me.  Either way I still blame Taggart.