• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So negative...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I admit I'm naturally optimistic so I always look for the positive. I'm starting to think that I can't get my Bulls news here. People are just too negative. The announcer said it best, we are on the right track, we're just a couple steps behind Memphis and having their type of transition. Paraphrasing of course, but I believe it. 

I, like you all, have watched this team for years. I started at USF in 2006.I know how "good" we were and I have seen us fall from grace. I can see a true difference in this team and I believe CWT and company are doing the right thing by us. Losing sucks for EVERYONE, especially the student athletes who are working their tales off, but if they can fight and believe why can't you? 

This coach put his reputation on the line to take over a dumpster fire. He's not perfect and neither are we, but saying and believing that he's inept and doing anything less than his best with this program is ridiculous. That was the most complete game I've seen from this team in a while. Losing hurts, but if we continue to grow like we are we are going to give lesser teams fits. 

Memphis only scored 24 points... That's amazing. QFs can throw the ball like "we all" hoped he could. He's becoming a great leader and I hate the result but I thank God for the process. People said we were spoiled in the past and every time I come here I can see why. We rose faster than we deserved and can't handle the growing pains. We want to fire and replace everyone for every minor offence...

I'm proud of my Bulls and their progress. I hope some of you can get past the anger in your heart and see the growth. If you can't, watch any game after BJ Daniels went down. Watch any game from 2 years ago... Watch the UCF game last year and tell me you don't see the change. 

Go ahead and hate I'm taking a break from here anyways. Go Bulls!!!

This is why I'm so torn

You nailed it on how bad this program was when CWT took over... many people here seem to forget.  And this team has made noticeable gains in almost all aspects.   Except one of the most important.. QB.

I think having a decent QB is the difference between USF being 1 - 3 and at least 3 - 1.  I am tired of seeing them lose.  But then you have Woulard, whom most here said was by far the best at practice waiting in the wings to start next year. Is he the final piece of the puzzle?  With the D we have now, the running game, and now him being a capable passer, would that be what finally causes this program to go over the hump?

But I'm tired of the "wait till next year" of the past couple of years.  But we are still only 4 games in.  There is a (small) chance it can get better and finish 6 - 6.  We played competitively against some very strong teams.  A far cry from being blown out by an FCS team.

I knew when Skip was hired that it would take 3 years to see progress.  I saw how bad the program was.  I knew it would be a long rebuilding term and had to be patient.  I see the progress.  But losing make that patience fade quickly

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

This team has made noticible improvements in all aspects?  Are you smoking crack? We STILL rank in the bottom 10% of every statistical category.  If you call going from 114th to 108th "noticible improvements" then maybe you're right.  The bottom line is we continue to suck BHole

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This team has made noticible improvements in all aspects?  Are you smoking crack? We STILL rank in the bottom 10% of every statistical category.  If you call going from 114th to 108th "noticible improvements" then maybe you're right.  The bottom line is we continue to suck BHole

Don't forget the taint.

• Downvote 1

Don't forget the taint.

ha!  Only laugh I've had tonite. Thanks bro!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I can't believe people can honestly say we've made noticeable improvements on offense. Yes we are a little better than before, but hell there wasn't really anywhere to go but up. At this pace we will have a top 25 offense in 30 more years. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I've been the biggest Tag critic in the past, calling for him to be fired.  But, sorry guys, this won't be the game to do it.  They actually played pretty well overall tonight.  Memphis is top 20 good and they beat us by 7.  Memphis will blow a lot of people out this year.  We've just had a really tough schedule to open the year.  A lot of decent teams would be 1-3 playing FSU and MD on the road and Memphis at home.  Even a really good team could expect to be 2-2 after that slate.  I bet Memphis beats Ole Miss at home in 2 weeks.  Watch.

The offense put up almost 400 yards and QF went 17 for 26.  He looked great in that last scoring drive.  Yes the overthrow was a killer, but we weren't that far off.

I thought the game hinged on 3 plays total.  1) The overthrow by QF on a clear TD.  2)  Memphis' muffed punt that our guy slid right past without grabbing, and 3) The 4th down run by Mack, which I though he got a terrible spot, but you couldn't really tell in the pile to overturn it.

If 1 and 2 go our way, we probably win that game, or at least send to OT.  1 or 2 plays.

Taggart may deserve to get canned at end of year, but this wasn't the game to get him fired.  We played decently against a good to great team.  End of story.  It hurts to lose over and over, but the USF of 2-3 years ago would have lost by 30 or 40 points to a team of Memphis' caliber.  And that's a fact, Jack.

• Upvote 2

5 drives, 26 yards.  Keep smoking.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

They only scored 24 because they milked 8 minutes off the clock in the 4th. Completely downshifted their O because they knew their lead was secure. They were playing the clock.

And played soft D which allowed our drive to get to 17. I'll believe QF can throw consistently when he does so before the game is over and the other team is playing prevent.

You are right, Memphis went completely conservative on O because they knew we couldn't put the points up.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

i just want to see somebody make a play on offense.  its a sad state of affairs when any pass longer than 10 yards genuinely surprises me

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I admit I'm naturally optimistic so I always look for the positive. I'm starting to think that I can't get my Bulls news here. People are just too negative. The announcer said it best, we are on the right track, we're just a couple steps behind Memphis and having their type of transition. Paraphrasing of course, but I believe it. 

I, like you all, have watched this team for years. I started at USF in 2006.I know how "good" we were and I have seen us fall from grace. I can see a true difference in this team and I believe CWT and company are doing the right thing by us. Losing sucks for EVERYONE, especially the student athletes who are working their tales off, but if they can fight and believe why can't you? 

This coach put his reputation on the line to take over a dumpster fire. He's not perfect and neither are we, but saying and believing that he's inept and doing anything less than his best with this program is ridiculous. That was the most complete game I've seen from this team in a while. Losing hurts, but if we continue to grow like we are we are going to give lesser teams fits. 

Memphis only scored 24 points... That's amazing. QFs can throw the ball like "we all" hoped he could. He's becoming a great leader and I hate the result but I thank God for the process. People said we were spoiled in the past and every time I come here I can see why. We rose faster than we deserved and can't handle the growing pains. We want to fire and replace everyone for every minor offence...

I'm proud of my Bulls and their progress. I hope some of you can get past the anger in your heart and see the growth. If you can't, watch any game after BJ Daniels went down. Watch any game from 2 years ago... Watch the UCF game last year and tell me you don't see the change. 

Go ahead and hate I'm taking a break from here anyways. Go Bulls!!!

Our defense played awesome. Tom Allen and those kids on that side of the ball deserve all the credit in the world. Once again the problem was offense. Once again we are one dimensional. Once again, you don't give yourself a chance to win when you don't make the defense have to think about anything other than the run. We have play makers on that side of the field Taggart has no excuse. The only time other than (Western Carolina or FAMU) that our team wins a game is if the defense plays absolutely out of their mind and pretty much has to score a defensive TD. The offense under Taggart never once bails out the defense for a down game on that side, or even a bad half for god sakes. 

This team is no question better than what we've seen over the last 4 years or so. HOWEVER, when you're saying that or hearing that you have to put it into perspective. We were the garbage can of college football (and may still be) we had nowhere to go but up. Taggart has us improving, but we play in the AAC, he is now 7-21 in 28 career games and very likely 7-22 in 29 career games after next weekend. This improvement that has been made may be enough for you, but excuse those of us that expect a better showing than 7-21 in 28 career games as our head coach in an awful conference. At the rate of improvement we've had it'll only take another decade or so for us to compete for a conference championship. Can't wait.

Edited by USFbulls24