• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So negative...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I admit I'm naturally optimistic so I always look for the positive. I'm starting to think that I can't get my Bulls news here. People are just too negative. The announcer said it best, we are on the right track, we're just a couple steps behind Memphis and having their type of transition. Paraphrasing of course, but I believe it. 

I, like you all, have watched this team for years. I started at USF in 2006.I know how "good" we were and I have seen us fall from grace. I can see a true difference in this team and I believe CWT and company are doing the right thing by us. Losing sucks for EVERYONE, especially the student athletes who are working their tales off, but if they can fight and believe why can't you? 

This coach put his reputation on the line to take over a dumpster fire. He's not perfect and neither are we, but saying and believing that he's inept and doing anything less than his best with this program is ridiculous. That was the most complete game I've seen from this team in a while. Losing hurts, but if we continue to grow like we are we are going to give lesser teams fits. 

Memphis only scored 24 points... That's amazing. QFs can throw the ball like "we all" hoped he could. He's becoming a great leader and I hate the result but I thank God for the process. People said we were spoiled in the past and every time I come here I can see why. We rose faster than we deserved and can't handle the growing pains. We want to fire and replace everyone for every minor offence...

I'm proud of my Bulls and their progress. I hope some of you can get past the anger in your heart and see the growth. If you can't, watch any game after BJ Daniels went down. Watch any game from 2 years ago... Watch the UCF game last year and tell me you don't see the change. 

Go ahead and hate I'm taking a break from here anyways. Go Bulls!!!

Sad to see you go but Fan Forums aren't always about cheerleading.  Maybe you can go to the HOT forum and talk about trombones and such.  You won't find a positive message about USF football ANYWHERE on the interwebs, because there's nothing positive to speak about.  Good bye and good luck.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Ole Miss will beat Memphis easily and it won't be close. Ole miss has a legit offense. 

But you will see Memphis open it up on offense they didn't need to last night we can't score more than 17.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Ole Miss will beat Memphis easily and it won't be close. Ole miss has a legit offense. 

But you will see Memphis open it up on offense they didn't need to last night we can't score more than 17.

but maybe we can. We will never know until we throw

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

I agree we won't ever know.

I was excited in offseason with talk of the spread offense it is mostly the same conservative crap as last year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I agree we won't ever know.

I was excited in offseason with talk of the spread offense it is mostly the same conservative crap as last year.

Taggart had not out our players in a position to succeed. He may think that he is by eating up clock, but it's not winning games. If he really trusted the defense he would open up the play book on offense. What will he do when people stack the box from the outset of the game? Instead of 7 we may not score at all.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180

Taggart is a good head coach, but he isn't letting his offensive coordinators do their jobs and call the plays. If we had some decent play calling with more passing mixed in we could be a very good team.

Really not trying to be a jerk, in all seriousness can you point to one thing that proves or shows that Taggart is a good head coach. Recruiting doesn't qualify...

How does recruiting not count? He has brought in great talent, including Asiantii woullard who will be eligible next year, and his coordinators are all really good. Recruiting is the most important part of coaching in my opinion, as long as the coach lets his staff do their jobs, which he hasn't seemed to do which is the real problem.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Taggart is a good head coach, but he isn't letting his offensive coordinators do their jobs and call the plays. If we had some decent play calling with more passing mixed in we could be a very good team.

Really not trying to be a jerk, in all seriousness can you point to one thing that proves or shows that Taggart is a good head coach. Recruiting doesn't qualify...

How does recruiting not count? He has brought in great talent, including Asiantii woullard who will be eligible next year, and his coordinators are all really good. Recruiting is the most important part of coaching in my opinion, as long as the coach lets his staff do their jobs, which he hasn't seemed to do which is the real problem.

What in the....

Recruiting is the most important part of coaching? Recruiting is absolutely important, but Jim Leavitt was not exactly a fantastic recruiter.... Developing the talent you recruit is more important than recruiting 4 stars left and right. Look at UCF's recruiting classes over the years. They never had a class noteworthy and they won a BCS game. After their BCS season they had something like the 80th ranked class. Went on to win the conference again. Maybe you can explain that one to me? 

The players and talent on the field is at the mercy of what plays the coaches call. So many times we have been competitive for a half, go into the locker room, come out for the 2nd half and the opponent makes an adjustment and Taggart doesn't. Perfect example was last night. The second half Memphis put everyone in the box and called run blitz after run blitz after run blitz. Taggart didn't do anything about it until it was too late. 

Obviously you have your opinion, but I struggle to understand anyone describing Taggart as a head coach with "good". Then again, I look at results like W/L so maybe I'm crazy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

how can you make an arument that cwt should stay beyond this year?

cwt brings no life to the program

come to think of it he brings nothing to the program

I don't think anyone is making the argument that he should stay after this year.  The assumption is that he is gone at the end of the year (which is sad), but the question is more could the season be saved with someone else calling an offense?

I actually would not mind that scenario for next year. There's no way Taggart lets go of running the offense this year. Go get TCU's QB coach or Baylor's QB coach or Oregon's etc etc. an offensive minded coach on a fantastic dynamic offense over the past few years and let them run the offense. Taggart is a major asset with recruiting. He just get's in his own way trying to run the offense which he's proven that he's piss poor at.

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Lulz at Ole Miss losing 38-3 to the Gators :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Lulz at Ole Miss losing 38-3 to the Gators :roflmao:

they lost 38-10.  Wow a good coach can coach up someone else's players