• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

We blamed CJL for hitting a plateau, we blamed BJ for not being good enough, we blamed CSH for everything bad that happens to babies, we blamed DW for hiring and extending the contract of CSH, We will be blaming CWT if things don't turn around this season.  Can we start blaming Judy also, she seems to be the only constant.

Not so fast, my friend ...

200px-USF_Rocky.jpg

lol

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

I know we've been a bad football team, but this hurts a bit. The Tin men at 62, and ol' Skippy's LA Tech Bulldogs at 50. Ouch.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2556518-college-football-rankings-2015-power-ranking-all-128-teams-for-week-1

Where are we ranked? I don't have time for a slideshow that's going to take me 115 clicks to find out USF sucks.
96th.

Skip might actually be a good coach????...he had success at ECU and now in Louisiana. Perhaps it was that Indian Burial Ground Curse once again that plagued his tenure with us. Or micromanagement from Doug? Who knows...let's see how his season plays out and good luck to him and his guys. Our current coach's former team is ranked at #51..he helped build that one up to that ranking.

Skippy didn't build anything, not sure if you've heard about a guy named Sonny Dykes? But he put La Tech on the map while Skippy was crashing our program.

Skippy did build something, not sure if you've ever heard of a guy named John (football coach) Thompson?

And I get a kick out the ol "Skip was over his head here" stuff.... like that BE was the second coming of the SEC or something.

Out of curiosity, what was it my post about CSH that got it removed, but his post about Sonny Dykes building a national title contender gets to stick?

Twas not I

Wow. I got axed from the very top for pointing out the number of players who graduated along with Dykes's year by year record.

You sure you actually posted it? I can see Unapproved posts but I got nothing ...

Other page. Ignore my ********. After I read BULLZ's comment, I just assumed the only excuse was that my numbers weren't on the thread anymore.

brtrb.gif

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/skip-holtz-1.html

Man skip was such a great coach, he really built a dynasty at ECU against some quality opponents. Wonder why more people can't coach like him

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Pre season polls are worthless......completely worthless IMO

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Man skip was such a great coach, he really built a dynasty at ECU against some quality opponents. Wonder why more people can't coach like him

So Skip's 38-27 at ECU is a joke, but Sonny Dykes's 22-15 with zero bowl wins is the real deal?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So Skip's 38-27 at ECU is a joke, but Sonny Dykes's 22-15 with zero bowl wins is the real deal?

In fairness to Dykes his not even going to a bowl his last season was all on the AD.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

And I get a kick out the ol "Skip was over his head here" stuff.... like that BE was the second coming of the SEC or something.

Ever heard of the Peter Principle?

The smaller your Peter, the faster your car?

Does this relate to the post about you doing everything better drunk?  I kid, I kid.

I'm not sure why we're kicking up all the Skip stuff again. Hiring coaches is inexact.

Ohio State hires Tressel from Youngstown and they win (leaving aside the off field stuff).

Mike London went 24-5 in two years at Richmond including a national title and has been highly disappointing in his 5 years at Virginia.

Richrod was great at WVU, not so great at Michigan, and is doing well at Arizona.

Sometimes guys get into situations that just don't work for them.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

In fairness to Dykes his not even going to a bowl his last season was all on the AD.

So HR Bull and the LA Tech AD both think Dykes built a team worthy of the national championship game?

So HR Bull and the LA Tech AD both think Dykes built a team worthy of the national championship game?

Don't know about HR Bull but apparently the AD did.