• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New DC hired: Tom Allen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not sure what to think of a position coach jumping to DC. More OTJ training? And it seems Willie has abandoned Harbaugh for coach suggestions, going through his former high school coach now.

Position coach to DC happens all the time. Where else would they come from?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Not sure what to think of a position coach jumping to DC. More OTJ training? And it seems Willie has abandoned Harbaugh for coach suggestions, going through his former high school coach now.

Don't let slick get under your skin GA. On paper this is a great hire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We should have hired a proven P5 DC away to come here. You know, like how SMU hired a proven HC from a P5 school to come over to be theirs.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Hopefully he will allow the players to play aggressively and attack on defense. I was tired of watching teams convert on 3rd and long over and over again.

Allow?

I'm hoping he DEMANDS that they play aggressively and attack on defense.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Hopefully he will allow the players to play aggressively and attack on defense. I was tired of watching teams convert on 3rd and long over and over again.

Allow?

I'm hoping he DEMANDS that they play aggressively and attack on defense.

wut he said

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Not what I meant. I mean, couldn't we get an experienced, competent DC?

We should have hired a proven P5 DC away to come here. You know, like how SMU hired a proven HC from a P5 school to come over to be theirs.

You think if there was one they wouldn't have? They put more effort and cash in their search than USF ever has in the past.

I'm not sure how you wrote the first sentence, but didn't mean exactly what you said.  Furthermore, and more importantly, I am not sure why you would expect that we could any better DC than we did. 

We have a coach going into 2015 most likely on the hot seat, we play in a crap conference, and we can't pay for the best, most experienced and most competent assistants. 

Your experienced, competent DCs wouldn't sniff this job.  This is a precarious job situation for not a lot of pay and it's just not a great situation. 

Edited by GaUSFBull

I'm not sure how you wrote the first sentence, but didn't mean exactly what you said.  Furthermore, and more importantly, I am not sure why you would expect that we could any better DC than we did. 

We have a coach going into 2015 most likely on the hot seat, we play in a crap conference, and we can't pay for the best, most experienced and most competent assistants. 

Your experienced, competent DCs wouldn't sniff this job.  This is a precarious job situation for not a lot of pay and it's just not a great situation.

I don't know why people settle for less either.

IMO they should hire Tony Levine for OC and when the season goes to pot promote him to HC. But since he probably doesn't know Harbaugh or Taggart's high school coach, I doubt he gets even a sniff.

Wow, slick ... respectfully, you are literally digging through the message board dumpster looking for things to complain about. 

A position coach's natural "next rung up" on the ladder is a coordinator position.  It's the next logical progression in a coach's career.

None of knows if CWT "settled for less."  Unless you were in the building when he was going through resumes and making phone calls, there's no way you can know for certain that CWT is settling for less.  As DELdaBull said above, on paper, this is a great hire. 

Also, your use of "when" instead of "if" in this sentence:

IMO they should hire Tony Levine for OC and when the season goes to pot promote him to HC.

just speaks volumes.  It smacks of your Bresnahan thread you created before CWT's first ever season. 

It may very well play out like you say, but hopefully you're rooting for CWT and the Bulls to succeed and not against them, just because you can't stand CWT.   Let's roll with what we have and hopefully the moves the team is making will pan out. 

Edited by GaUSFBull