• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New DC hired: Tom Allen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Hey! I heard we might have a new DC...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

Who are the latest OC names?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Sweet. An AW thread cranking. Now everyone gets to come in and declare they KNEW Woulard was never going to come to USF even before Holtz was fired.

Find me someone who said that, and I'll give you a cookie. 

See 3 posts down from yours. Chocolate chip works for me.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

You think Woulard was a solid commit until Holtz was fired? LOL ok sure thing there guy. A guy who decomitted twice before the final flip was solid?  Also, what has Woulard proven at the college level?  We don't even know if the kid is any good.

Fact. He decommitted AFTER Holtz was fired.
Fact. He decommitted BEFORE Holtz was fired.

You can start here and demand retractions:http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/12/2/3719140/asiantii-woulard-decommits-from-usf-again-after-holtz-firinghttp://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8702977/asiantii-woulard-top-dual-threat-qb-recruit-decommits-south-florida-bullshttp://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/40066/woulard-decommits-from-usf

You seem to ignore the fact that that even in your first link, it clearly states "decommits-from-usf-AGAIN"

He decommited TWICE, once pre-Skip firing and once post.

Woulard was not a solid commit.

I didn't ignore it, it was IRRELEVANT. He recommitted in June and didn't decommit until Holtz was fired in December. EVERYTHING else is SPECULATION.

It's really not that hard to grasp.  Woulard was FAR from a sure thing, even before Holtz was fired.

What teenager is a sure thing? Hell, a dozen of them decommit on signing day every year 5 minutes after they mail in the paperwork. All you can do is secure a verbal and cross your fingers.

This is exactly the point.  All we know is he was committed until that firing pretending that he was for sure going to be on campus is still a big unknown especially with some of the stuff surrounding his recruitment (SeldomSeen, Anyone?) while Holtz was here.  The kid had decomitted once from Hotlz when he thought the bigger offers were coming and recommitted when they didn't. He had already shown tendencies that he was just waiting for those bigger offers to bolt.  The kid was far from a sure thing like It is representing.  

The ONLY FACT in this is the only QB recruit Holtz closed on was Matt Floyd and had several others decommitt before signing day during his tenure at USF.  Holtz was a complete failure at closing on quality QB's while at USF and assuming the kid would for sure be here if Holtz was never fired it just as silly as assuming he wouldn't.  My OPINION is that considering Hotlz's complete failure to close on quality QB's and Woulard's behavior during his recruitment is he wasn't coming to USF once those bigger offers came.

Holtz got a quality QB this year. I guess the assertion that he can't get a quality QB is absurd.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's really not that hard to grasp.  Woulard was FAR from a sure thing, even before Holtz was fired.

What teenager is a sure thing? Hell, a dozen of them decommit on signing day every year 5 minutes after they mail in the paperwork. All you can do is secure a verbal and cross your fingers.

This is exactly the point.  All we know is he was committed until that firing pretending that he was for sure going to be on campus is still a big unknown especially with some of the stuff surrounding his recruitment (SeldomSeen, Anyone?) while Holtz was here.  The kid had decomitted once from Hotlz when he thought the bigger offers were coming and recommitted when they didn't. He had already shown tendencies that he was just waiting for those bigger offers to bolt.  The kid was far from a sure thing like It is representing.  

The ONLY FACT in this is the only QB recruit Holtz closed on was Matt Floyd and had several others decommitt before signing day during his tenure at USF.  Holtz was a complete failure at closing on quality QB's while at USF and assuming the kid would for sure be here if Holtz was never fired it just as silly as assuming he wouldn't.  My OPINION is that considering Hotlz's complete failure to close on quality QB's and Woulard's behavior during his recruitment is he wasn't coming to USF once those bigger offers came.

Holtz got a quality QB this year. I guess the assertion that he can't get a quality QB is absurd.

What does that have to do with his time at USF?  He was a complete failure at recruiting the position here.  That is a FACT.  

What does that have to do with his time at USF?  He was a complete failure at recruiting the position here.  That is a FACT.

Because if he can bring in a successful 5th year P5 player to La Tech, I'm pretty sure he could find a QB for USF. He was fired months before signing day. All you have is speculation. And the players signed while he was here includes the WR with the most receiving yards in USF history.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

slick, you're speculating also.  "I'm pretty sure he could find a QB for USF"  It's all speculation.  No one knows, for sure, if AW would have stuck to his commitment.  IMO, the evidence suggests that he wouldn't and just used the firing as an easy out.  Again, I'm speculating. 

With that said, it's really not worth discussing.  AW is not here, neither is Holtz.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Because if he can bring in a successful 5th year P5 player to La Tech, I'm pretty sure he could find a QB for USF. He was fired months before signing day. All you have is speculation. And the players signed while he was here includes the WR with the most receiving yards in USF history.

In fairness to Skip he did sign Jamius Gunsby as well.

2 scholarship QBs in 3 years.

Neither could beat out the walk-on from the catholic school down the street though.

holtz was a terrible recruiter. Wait until his beloved 5th year senior QB is gone.

He lucked into him as Tim Rattay a former la tech QB is an assistant there and Sokol played for Rattay's  dad in high school. they both played at the same junior college in arizona.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sweet. An AW thread cranking. Now everyone gets to come in and declare they KNEW Woulard was never going to come to USF even before Holtz was fired.

Find me someone who said that, and I'll give you a cookie. 

See 3 posts down from yours. Chocolate chip works for me.

Lay off the sauce, bro.  Dozer said pretty much what I said.