• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New DC hired: Tom Allen

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I like this hire because this guy has been coaching against offenses that are 10x as good as any of the other AAC teams. He has had better players to coach granted, but he has also been having to coach his guys to compete with teams that are 10x the athletes of other AAC teams, and 10x the coaching smart .

We need a good OC hire thst can put the talent we have in a position to succeed and for Taggart to sit back and watch and call timeouts and we may just have a chance at being slightly better than 2014.

See, I think USF could have found an experienced DC because there are good ones at all levels. And just like you said, the difference is they don't have the same quality players, but their schemes work. Snyder was a good position coach. Cosh was one, I don't know how good. No guarantee a position coach translates to a great DC.
there is no guarantee that a successful DC from a lower level translates to one at this level either.

look at our last head coach. he is successful at c-usa level but couldn't hack it at this level.

there are no guarantees no matter which way you go.

HC isn't a coordinator's job. He failed because of who he hired at coordinator.

Didn't say it was a coordinator's job.

I said we hired a somewhat successful coach from a lower level and he failed.

He failed for many reasons. One of which was who he hired as coordinator. It was certainly not the only reason he failed.

I think most who realistically looked at Holtz's tenure would agree he'd still be here now if he had a competent DC instead of Cosh.

yeah his offense was set up  to have success in year 4 after BJ went down.......

he was a terrible recruiter and he wasn't much of a gameday manager.

He needed a QB at his current school and got one, no problem. He had the highest ranked recruit in USF's history, a QB, verbally committed until he was fired and he decommitted. People conveniently forget these facts.

You think Woulard was a solid commit until Holtz was fired? LOL ok sure thing there guy. A guy who decomitted twice before the final flip was solid?  The same guy with someone obviously close to him going around to "bigger" schools message boards talking about he was really wanting an offer from them?  Also, what has Woulard proven at the college level?  We don't even know if the kid is any good.  

He sure had problems getting a QB while at USF, well except for the greatness that was Matt Floyd 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I like this hire because this guy has been coaching against offenses that are 10x as good as any of the other AAC teams. He has had better players to coach granted, but he has also been having to coach his guys to compete with teams that are 10x the athletes of other AAC teams, and 10x the coaching smart .

We need a good OC hire thst can put the talent we have in a position to succeed and for Taggart to sit back and watch and call timeouts and we may just have a chance at being slightly better than 2014.

See, I think USF could have found an experienced DC because there are good ones at all levels. And just like you said, the difference is they don't have the same quality players, but their schemes work. Snyder was a good position coach. Cosh was one, I don't know how good. No guarantee a position coach translates to a great DC.
there is no guarantee that a successful DC from a lower level translates to one at this level either.

look at our last head coach. he is successful at c-usa level but couldn't hack it at this level.

He failed for many reasons. One of which was who he hired as coordinator. It was certainly not the only reason he failed.

I think most who realistically looked at Holtz's tenure would agree he'd still be here now if he had a competent DC instead of Cosh.

yeah his offense was set up  to have success in year 4 after BJ went down.......

He needed a QB at his current school and got one, no problem. He had the highest ranked recruit in USF's history, a QB, verbally committed until he was fired and he decommitted. People conveniently forget these facts.

You think Woulard was a solid commit until Holtz was fired? LOL ok sure thing there guy. A guy who decomitted twice before the final flip was solid?  Also, what has Woulard proven at the college level?  We don't even know if the kid is any good.

Fact. He decommitted AFTER Holtz was fired.

And we don't know if Holtz was going to recruit another QB either. Lots of things we don't know, even in hindsight.

You think Woulard was a solid commit until Holtz was fired? LOL ok sure thing there guy. A guy who decomitted twice before the final flip was solid?  Also, what has Woulard proven at the college level?  We don't even know if the kid is any good.

And we don't know if Holtz was going to recruit another QB either. Lots of things we don't know, even in hindsight.

The kid was already shopping other programs and had one foot out the door. Anyone who followed his recruitment and isn't trying to pass revisionist history off to bolster their love affair with Skip will tell you that. But carry on little fella 

Edited by Bull Dozer

The kid was already shopping other programs and had one foot out the door to anyone who actually followed that recruitment. But carry on little fella

Link?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

Fact. He decommitted BEFORE Holtz was fired.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

Even though we have quotes from Freeze and personal friends, is anybody else a little nervous that we haven't heard anything officially yet?

Maybe they're waiting to introduce both Coordinators at the same time ....

Slick doesn't let things like that get in the way of a "good" argument.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Even though we have quotes from Freeze and personal friends, is anybody else a little nervous that we haven't heard anything officially yet?

Maybe they're waiting to introduce both Coordinators at the same time ....

Maybe they're doing a quick background check...too soon?

Edited by JTrue

You can start here and demand retractions:

http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/12/2/3719140/asiantii-woulard-decommits-from-usf-again-after-holtz-firing

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8702977/asiantii-woulard-top-dual-threat-qb-recruit-decommits-south-florida-bulls

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/40066/woulard-decommits-from-usf

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So slick, you are going on record denying that Woulard decommitted BEFORE Holtz was fired?

Are you sure you really want to do that?