• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the OCS MEGA-THREAD begin!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

So for all you youngins, I had a post that was pinned for a long time here... it was started in 2006.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/25905-on-campus-stadium-questions-answered/

It talks about almost everything that has been raised over and over and over again...  In that thread, I had this quote from 2009:

From Greg Auman:

-- If you had any immediate hopes for an on-campus football stadium at USF, Leavitt was candidly frank about the possibility. "I don't think in my lifetime," he answered. "We don't have the money. Who's got $200 million to give us to build a stadium?" Leavitt said playing at Raymond James Stadium remains his "No. 1 recruiting tool." He said not having an on-campus stadium hasn't hurt Southern Cal or Miami, and he also brought attention to the need for other facility upgrades at USF, specifically mentioning baseball, softball and soccer. "We have so many other needs," he said.

From that thread, here is what PapaJohns would look like... and where it would realistically go.

OCS.sized.jpg

So two observations.  First, do we assume it was Leavitt's fault for us not having a stadium.  ;)

And, on a serious note, do stadiums have to be oriented North/South?  Thought I heard that somewhere on this last trip to SMU and Memphis. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So for all you youngins, I had a post that was pinned for a long time here... it was started in 2006.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/25905-on-campus-stadium-questions-answered/

It talks about almost everything that has been raised over and over and over again...  In that thread, I had this quote from 2009:

From Greg Auman:

-- If you had any immediate hopes for an on-campus football stadium at USF, Leavitt was candidly frank about the possibility. "I don't think in my lifetime," he answered. "We don't have the money. Who's got $200 million to give us to build a stadium?" Leavitt said playing at Raymond James Stadium remains his "No. 1 recruiting tool." He said not having an on-campus stadium hasn't hurt Southern Cal or Miami, and he also brought attention to the need for other facility upgrades at USF, specifically mentioning baseball, softball and soccer. "We have so many other needs," he said.

From that thread, here is what PapaJohns would look like... and where it would realistically go.

OCS.sized.jpg

So two observations.  First, do we assume it was Leavitt's fault for us not having a stadium.  ;)

And, on a serious note, do stadiums have to be oriented North/South?  Thought I heard that somewhere on this last trip to SMU and Memphis. 

Not required, but it is prefered.  If it has to be at an angle, the northwest to southeast would be better that the photo above.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

^^^ just curious as to why. Does it have to do with sun positioning?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yes, the orientation above would have the sun in the eyes of the team going toward the southwest endzone or the receivers of the team going to the northeast endzone

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Yes, the orientation above would have the sun in the eyes of the team going toward the southwest endzone or the receivers of the team going to the northeast endzone

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not if we domed it! :D

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Take a piece of the Claw or relocate it altogether or the ever floundering MOSI

I think the property that MOSI sits on is more probable. With all the redevelopment going on in downtown Tampa, it would not surprise me to see either the City or some beneficent soul (Vinik) offer up some free property for it to move where most of Tampa's other museums are. MOSI's footprint is too large for the numbers that they bring in. They need to downsize, and move to a more centric location. I think that's downtown Tampa.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Not if we domed it! :D

Retractable roof FTW!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

WTF did I just click that video  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you find that in the CIA torture report?

• Upvote 1