• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the OCS MEGA-THREAD begin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

UCF's Senior class lost 3 home games in 4 years. Yes without good coaching that is not possible but UCF fans can point to a few games where crowd noise helped decide the outcome of the game. Houston in 2013 and BYU this season. The OCS has helped UCF but it's not always the case. Houston is an example of not having very good support despite it

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I thought it was the beer bottle throwing that won you guys the Houston game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Would love to see this happen. Does anyone know if the people who just bought university mall have interest in making that a site?

The two anchor stores are still owned separately ...

So people should now take a look at this and realize a few things.  The mall without the anchor stores would be worth well north of 29.5m (these investors would expect a healthy profit on their investment), so tack on the anchor stores too and were are well above 30m for just obtaining the property.  This of course doesn't include demolishing it all and most importantly construction cost.   I would say that 30+ million would be better spent actually being invested into building the stadium itself rather than just acquiring the land and removing the old structures.  I think we can once and for all dead the thought of acquiring "The Mall" for our stadium,  It's the north side of campus by Greek Village or bust....

Except now the incremental land and structure would be an adittional asset. If business worked as you describe it, nothing would be bought / sold / demolished / rebuilt.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Would love to see this happen. Does anyone know if the people who just bought university mall have interest in making that a site?

So people should now take a look at this and realize a few things.  The mall without the anchor stores would be worth well north of 29.5m (these investors would expect a healthy profit on their investment), so tack on the anchor stores too and were are well above 30m for just obtaining the property.  This of course doesn't include demolishing it all and most importantly construction cost.   I would say that 30+ million would be better spent actually being invested into building the stadium itself rather than just acquiring the land and removing the old structures.  I think we can once and for all dead the thought of acquiring "The Mall" for our stadium,  It's the north side of campus by Greek Village or bust....

Except now the incremental land and structure would be an adittional asset. If business worked as you describe it, nothing would be bought / sold / demolished / rebuilt.

That's great and all but the mall isn't a viable place for a stadium, financially, for USF.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

FWIW, I don't really care where they put the stadium if they build it, so long as it's somewhere on campus. I prefer the area north of the sundome to the mall anyways.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

They should tear down the old Business building and build it there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Anywhere on campus works just fine.

Edited by TallyBull

Actually, the FOUR anchor stores are owned separately:

• Dillards, which also owns the two parking garages
  • Sears, which also owns the Budget rental car building out front
  • Macys, which also owns the actual entrance on 22nd street
  • Burlington Coat Factory, which also owns the old car repair facility out back

If you look at "the mall" including all of the outparcels, the new owners bought about 33% of the land.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Actually, the FOUR anchor stores are owned separately:

• Dillards, which also owns the two parking garages
  • Sears, which also owns the Budget rental car building out front
  • Macys, which also owns the actual entrance on 22nd street
  • Burlington Coat Factory, which also owns the old car repair facility out back

If you look at "the mall" including all of the outparcels, the new owners bought about 33% of the land.

When I checked the property appraisers site, thought I only saw two other separate parcels from the big one. Guess I need to recheck ...

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

So for everyone that keeps posting that years-old photo of Legion Field cropped onto campus, can we actually have Legion Field trucked down here in pieces and reassembled that way since UAB won't be needing it? #toosoon #justkidding  #wellgivemeanestimate