• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the OCS MEGA-THREAD begin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The Falcons are building a new stadium in Atlanta and just announced PSL fees. And the long time season holders are in an uproar. 4 lower level seat PSL run like $180k plus you have to still buy the tickets.one time fee but wow.

What's this have to do with a college ocs?
Because it clearly shows we shouldn't build one.
I bet your head is just going to EXPLODE when the announcement is finally made.

:facepalm:

JT has a knack ....

As of late,

giphy.gif

Hahaha...Perfect

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

The Falcons are building a new stadium in Atlanta and just announced PSL fees. And the long time season holders are in an uproar. 4 lower level seat PSL run like $180k plus you have to still buy the tickets.one time fee but wow.

What's this have to do with a college ocs?

Almost half the NFL stadiums have them. And it actually started in the 80s at Stanford to fund their tennis stadium. This being the thread on the OCS stadium which has no plans to be built, it may be an issue when or if that date comes. The main thing was the long time season ticket holders for the Falcons, going back decades, are just livid. No way they can afford to go to games anymore. I don't know how big the block of non-season ticket seats is going to be but it sounds like the majority of the stadium will have a massive one time PSL fee. Colleges have done similar things in the past but the funds went into a tax deductible scholarship fund. Who knows what the future holds.

Then wouldn't it have been more pertinent to have posted on some of those rather than something which really isn't relevant to our situation .... ?

You think that what happened 20 or 30 years ago vs a funding model used today for building stadiums is more relevant to the future?

There hasn't been an ocs built in 20 or 30 years? Pro stadium funding sources and college stadium sources funding usually aren't the same, are they? If they are, why not start throwing out some RELEVANT current OCS funding details, then. Surely Houston, Tulane, etc are better examples than Atlanta ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

That is one FUGLY stadium. Looks like a very expensive monstrosity designed for pompous rich people to rub elbows with other pompous rich people. WTF has football come to?

FALCONS_STADIUM_3.jpg

FALCONS_STADIUM_5.jpg

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That is ugly

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Over a billion dollars, much of it coming from taxpayers.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Bread and circuses ==> hell in a handbasket

SMH

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

If we build a stadium on campus, we could have seat licenses.  Not the ridiculous ones like they are talking about in Atlanta, but something more along the lines of a season ticket price like the Bucs did when RayJay first opened.  Of course you could donate more if you wanted, and it may be better to just have a voluntary seat donation drive instead.

You can raise a ton of money from naming rights.  Before I saw Tulane's naming revenues from their stadium web site, I never knew you could sell naming rights for not only the stadium, but the field, the club, concourse areas, etc, etc.   I think Tulane was looking for 40 million from naming rights alone.  With the size of the Tampa Bay area and the companies located here, we could probably get that much or more.   If we had 10,000 seats donating an average of $1,000 per seat, that would be another 10 million.  Another 10 million from general fundraising donations and we are up to 60 million dollars without anything having to be financed.

That Atlanta situation is so ridiculous that I hope hardly anybody pays them.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Over a billion dollars, much of it coming from taxpayers.

They say now the cost has risen to 1.2 billion.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

If we build a stadium on campus, we could have seat licenses.  Not the ridiculous ones like they are talking about in Atlanta, but something more along the lines of a season ticket price like the Bucs did when RayJay first opened.  Of course you could donate more if you wanted, and it may be better to just have a voluntary seat donation drive instead.

You can raise a ton of money from naming rights.  Before I saw Tulane's naming revenues from their stadium web site, I never knew you could sell naming rights for not only the stadium, but the field, the club, concourse areas, etc, etc.   I think Tulane was looking for 40 million from naming rights alone.  With the size of the Tampa Bay area and the companies located here, we could probably get that much or more.   If we had 10,000 seats donating an average of $1,000 per seat, that would be another 10 million.  Another 10 million from general fundraising donations and we are up to 60 million dollars without anything having to be financed.

That Atlanta situation is so ridiculous that I hope hardly anybody pays them.

Go Bulls!

You mean like USF's baseball stadium's Gonzmart Plaza, Donaldson Deck, Can't remember the name on the pavilion where the pitcher's warm up, and the names on the rows of seats?  Like that?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Rumor has it, Brad is taking donations to name the bullpens at the baseball field so that when someone is coming into the game, everyone hears, "...and here comes Stan Belinda from TheBullsPen.com."

Edited by JTrue