• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the OCS MEGA-THREAD begin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

We get it, you don't want an OCS.

I don't want it bankrupting the athletics department.

The OutBack Bowl looked terrible on TV. They only got 44K announced for a game with Wisc and Auburn.  Fans are tired or RJS. The newness wore off. Bad location. Not enough sports bars/restuarants close to it. USF needs to get that OCS. Maybe steal the OUTBACK bowl away from RJS. Or at least creat a new bowl on campus. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

I was dying laughing watching this, thinking it was an SNL skit or something.  Then when it kept going and going...I suddenly realized, this was not a joke.  That song was supposed to be legitimate.  Wow.   :facepalm:  :wtf:

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

With all the giant sink holes being reported in the florida area, it would be stupid to build an OCS only to have it destroyed by a sink hole. We are much better staying at RJS because we rent that place. If it sinks into the earth we don't have to keep paying the loan like we would on an OCS.

Also, we are all very much aware that Malasia Air flight 370 has still not been located. What if this were to begin happening to stadiums? Do we really want to take that risk?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

With all the giant sink holes being reported in the florida area, it would be stupid to build an OCS only to have it destroyed by a sink hole. We are much better staying at RJS because we rent that place. If it sinks into the earth we don't have to keep paying the loan like we would on an OCS.

Also, we are all very much aware that Malasia Air flight 370 has still not been located. What if this were to begin happening to stadiums? Do we really want to take that risk?

Or better yet, just find an existing sinkhole and use it for the field. Save TONS on excavation charges.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Or better yet, just find an existing sinkhole and use it for the field. Save TONS on excavation charges.

Giant sinkholes and USF athletics... Seems fitting.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I was dying laughing watching this, thinking it was an SNL skit or something.  Then when it kept going and going...I suddenly realized, this was not a joke.  That song was supposed to be legitimate.  Wow.   :facepalm:  :wtf:

It has 74m hits - that's not just serious, that's DEAD serious territory. Her own response to the video has over 6m hits. She has definitely gotten more than her 15 minutes. Wow, indeed.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

If anything is built it needs to be a dome. As the owners of Legion Field are now realizing, a normal field with no roof has its limitations for uses other than football. A roof lets it be used as a convention center. Just in case litigation kills off football someday.

Edited by slick1ru2

The OutBack Bowl looked terrible on TV. They only got 44K announced for a game with Wisc and Auburn.  Fans are tired or RJS. The newness wore off. Bad location. Not enough sports bars/restuarants close to it. USF needs to get that OCS. Maybe steal the OUTBACK bowl away from RJS. Or at least creat a new bowl on campus. 

This is an issue across the country and has been so for several years. An OCS isn't going to solve that issue, but make it worse. I will even provide a link to prove I am not making it up.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/01/04/Colleges/Bowl-Attendance.aspx

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

This is an issue across the country and has been so for several years. An OCS isn't going to solve that issue, but make it worse. I will even provide a link to prove I am not making it up.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/01/04/Colleges/Bowl-Attendance.aspx

Now you are going to have to explain why Temple now wants an OCS?? Told you they were not happy playing in NFL Eagles stadium. Now what?? 

Now you are going to have to explain why Temple now wants an OCS?? Told you they were not happy playing in NFL Eagles stadium. Now what??

Wants and gets, two very different things.