• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the OCS MEGA-THREAD begin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I just saw a show that said that concert attendance is also way down. So I guess across the board venues are seeing lower attendance. Probably because people can have a really good experience at home with their HDTV and surround systems. And save a lot of money. I don't see that trend changing. Yeah diehards are going to go to games, but a lot of people are going to watch games in their home theaters. Have a bunch of people or have a party at home and not have to worry about crowds, and parking, drunks etc.

Movies are also down... the $$ is up because prices have gone up so much... the actual ticket sales have decreased over the years.

True.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I just saw a show that said that concert attendance is also way down. So I guess across the board venues are seeing lower attendance. Probably because people can have a really good experience at home with their HDTV and surround systems. And save a lot of money. I don't see that trend changing. Yeah diehards are going to go to games, but a lot of people are going to watch games in their home theaters. Have a bunch of people or have a party at home and not have to worry about crowds, and parking, drunks etc.

Movies are also down... the $$ is up because prices have gone up so much... the actual ticket sales have decreased over the years.

True.

This is true!! More peeps would rather stay home and watch it on TV then to go to RJS and watch. It is too hot there. Not enough shade. USF needs an OCS that will have great shade to get those fans back to watch live. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

This is true!! More peeps would rather stay home and watch it on TV then to go to RJS and watch. It is too hot there. Not enough shade. USF needs an OCS that will have great shade to get those fans back to watch live.

618166.gif

618166.gif

Lol you got me on that one. Got to find away to convince him that USF needs that OCS so now I am pulling out all the desperate reasons. 

618166.gif

Lol you got me on that one. Got to find away to convince him that USF needs that OCS so now I am pulling out all the desperate reasons. 

Considering most people think we'll build a cheap, 45k-seat stadium... it will be one level, so there won't be any shade... moreover, to keep it cheap: there will be fewer club seats and smaller club areas with air condition (if they even build ANY)... there will be fewer concession stands to sell soda and water... and there will probably be fewer bathrooms... (all those amenities cost $$)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

618166.gif

Considering most people think we'll build a cheap, 45k-seat stadium... it will be one level, so there won't be any shade... moreover, to keep it cheap: there will be fewer club seats and smaller club areas with air condition (if they even build ANY)... there will be fewer concession stands to sell soda and water... and there will probably be fewer bathrooms... (all those amenities cost $$)

I think if they do any research at all before building, there's no way they build something like that ...

• Upvote 1

618166.gif

We need to build it like Houston's or Tulane's or dont even bother building it at all. Both those stadiums have a second deck level and plenty of shade. I was kidding about the shade part in my earlier post but it would be nice given the hot weather in Sept. 

618166.gif

I think if they do any research at all before building, there's no way they build something like that ...

Exactly!! Which is why USF has not rushed to build a POS OCS. So I am patient with it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I Think shade is our least concern right now.    On average how many games do you think we play In the Full Sun at Ray Jay?   We rarely play games during the day, ( usually homecoming,  AND when we play the likes of Miami, UCF, FSU)  The rest have typically been 7 or 8pm starts.

Edited by Dhambuc

I Think shade is our least concern right now.    On average how many games do you think we play In the Full Sun at Ray Jay?   We rarely play games during the day, ( usually homecoming,  AND when we play the likes of Miami, UCF, FSU)  The rest have typically been 7 or 8pm starts.

The Shade sheilds will also keep in crowd noise like Oregon has set up out there in the Pacific Northwest. Having the OCS more enclosed will make it that much loader with the accoustics and all.