• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the OCS MEGA-THREAD begin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The Falcons are building a new stadium in Atlanta and just announced PSL fees. And the long time season holders are in an uproar. 4 lower level seat PSL run like $180k plus you have to still buy the tickets.one time fee but wow.

What's this have to do with a college ocs?

Because it clearly shows we shouldn't build one.

I bet your head is just going to EXPLODE when the announcement is finally made.

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The Falcons are building a new stadium in Atlanta and just announced PSL fees. And the long time season holders are in an uproar. 4 lower level seat PSL run like $180k plus you have to still buy the tickets.one time fee but wow.

Almost half the NFL stadiums have them. And it actually started in the 80s at Stanford to fund their tennis stadium. This being the thread on the OCS stadium which has no plans to be built, it may be an issue when or if that date comes. The main thing was the long time season ticket holders for the Falcons, going back decades, are just livid. No way they can afford to go to games anymore. I don't know how big the block of non-season ticket seats is going to be but it sounds like the majority of the stadium will have a massive one time PSL fee. Colleges have done similar things in the past but the funds went into a tax deductible scholarship fund. Who knows what the future holds.

I live in atlanta and havent heard any crying about it. Some people are beotching about the Braves new stadium but that's just because it's moving locations 20 miles north and the people south of the city will have to drive farther.

They were just approved/announced yesterday. Some sections with PSLs have yet to be announced. If you're on Facebook, practically every reaction to the news is balking/negative. Like here https://www.facebook.com/ajc/posts/10152960896037299 or here https://www.facebook.com/11Alive/photos/a.117037660495.110689.114256800495/10152523649740496/?type=1

10924205_10152523649740496_6459841064848

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/falcons-club-seat-psls-10000-45000/njjPq/

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Almost half the NFL stadiums have them. And it actually started in the 80s at Stanford to fund their tennis stadium. This being the thread on the OCS stadium which has no plans to be built, it may be an issue when or if that date comes. The main thing was the long time season ticket holders for the Falcons, going back decades, are just livid. No way they can afford to go to games anymore. I don't know how big the block of non-season ticket seats is going to be but it sounds like the majority of the stadium will have a massive one time PSL fee. Colleges have done similar things in the past but the funds went into a tax deductible scholarship fund. Who knows what the future holds.

I live in atlanta and havent heard any crying about it. Some people are beotching about the Braves new stadium but that's just because it's moving locations 20 miles north and the people south of the city will have to drive farther.

They were just approved/announced yesterday. Some sections with PSLs have yet to be announced. If you're on Facebook, practically every reaction to the news is balking/negative. Like here https://www.facebook.com/ajc/posts/10152960896037299 or here https://www.facebook.com/11Alive/photos/a.117037660495.110689.114256800495/10152523649740496/?type=1

I'm not on Facebook... Haven't heard anything yet but since you said it was just announced I'm sure people will start complaining

Just read the article. Only 11% of the seats are effected. doesnt seems like a big deal

I'm not on Facebook... Haven't heard anything yet but since you said it was just announced I'm sure people will start complaining

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/football/seat-license-prices-rile-falcons-fans/njjjk/#28b73604.3480001.735607

Seat-license prices rile Falcons fans  

Posted: 6:13 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 8, 2015

Email 3Facebook 76Twitter 254ShareThis 343

By Tim Tucker - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

From talk radio to social media to water-cooler conversation, many Falcons fans lashed out Thursday at the team’s prices for personal seat licenses in the new stadium under construction downtown.

The Falcons plan to begin club-seat PSL sales Monday after receiving unanimous approval from the Georgia World Congress Center Authority board Thursday of prices ranging from $10,000 to $45,000.

Typical of reactions to the prices, first reported by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, was that of Fred Stoddard, a 17-year Falcons season-ticket holder who lives in Douglasville. “I’m not going to consider it at all,†Stoddard said. “Economically, it would make absolutely no sense. I think it’s absolutely insane.†To get seats comparable to the two he currently has on the seventh row behind the Falcons’ bench around the 40-yard line, Stoddard said he’d have to pay $40,000 — $20,000 per seat — in PSL fees. In addition, the seats would cost him $365 each per game, compared to the $149 he pays now.

“It’s … depressing,†Stoddard said.

Falcons officials didn’t seem surprised by widespread negative reaction to the PSL prices. “We’re not the first to do this,†Falcons president and CEO Rich McKay said. “Obviously, all the stadiums that have been built recently have used some type of similar program. And we understand the pushback of that. That’s part of the process to finance the new stadiums.â€

A personal seat license is a one-time fee for the right to buy season tickets in a specific seat for the length of a team’s stadium lease — 30 years in the case of the new Falcons facility. PSL buyers are allowed to transfer or sell the licenses to other parties. The prices set by the Falcons so far cover 7,700 club seats, about 11 percent of the 71,000-seat stadium. All other seats sold as season tickets also will require PSLs, but those prices won’t be set until summer, the Falcons said. Those prices are expected to fall at various levels below $10,000.

“I think you’ll find as we move into the (non-club) seat rollout that we have tried to be very sensitive to making sure the prices are fair and inclusive and that those people that have been our loyal fans have an opportunity to be in this new stadium,†McKay said. “We want them in this stadium.

“There’s no question that when you look at the key seats and the headline prices, those are expensive prices,†McKay conceded. “We understand those are.â€

Michael Drake, vice president of Legends Global Sales, the firm hired by the Falcons to handle PSL sales, said lower-bowl ticket holders are particularly impacted because of a trend in newer NFL stadiums to move club seats closer to the field from their traditional location in the middle bowl.

“It’s a product of design,†Drake said. “The club seats in the NFL … have moved to the lower bowl.â€

Still, some Falcons fans said the PSLs will push them out of the type of close-to-the-action seats they have long enjoyed.

“I feel betrayed,†Blake Turner wrote in an email.. “I guess I have built exactly (zero) good will over the years as far as the Falcons are concerned.â€

Just read the article. Only 11% of the seats are effected. doesnt seems like a big deal

You misread it. 11% were announced. All other season ticket seat PSL prices will be announced in the summer. So all seats for season ticket holders will have a PSL.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

JT has a knack ....

Then wouldn't it have been more pertinent to have posted on some of those rather than something which really isn't relevant to our situation .... ?

You think that what happened 20 or 30 years ago vs a funding model used today for building stadiums is more relevant to the future?

You misread it. 11% were announced. All other season ticket seat PSL prices will be announced in the summer. So all seats for season ticket holders will have a PSL.

Sounds good to me. Capitalism. The way it should be.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

JT has a knack ....

As of late, 

giphy.gif