• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the OCS MEGA-THREAD begin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The Falcons are building a new stadium in Atlanta and just announced PSL fees. And the long time season holders are in an uproar. 4 lower level seat PSL run like $180k plus you have to still buy the tickets.one time fee but wow.

What's this have to do with a college ocs?

Almost half the NFL stadiums have them. And it actually started in the 80s at Stanford to fund their tennis stadium. This being the thread on the OCS stadium which has no plans to be built, it may be an issue when or if that date comes. The main thing was the long time season ticket holders for the Falcons, going back decades, are just livid. No way they can afford to go to games anymore. I don't know how big the block of non-season ticket seats is going to be but it sounds like the majority of the stadium will have a massive one time PSL fee. Colleges have done similar things in the past but the funds went into a tax deductible scholarship fund. Who knows what the future holds.

Then wouldn't it have been more pertinent to have posted on some of those rather than something which really isn't relevant to our situation .... ?

You think that what happened 20 or 30 years ago vs a funding model used today for building stadiums is more relevant to the future?

There hasn't been an ocs built in 20 or 30 years? Pro stadium funding sources and college stadium sources funding usually aren't the same, are they? If they are, why not start throwing out some RELEVANT current OCS funding details, then. Surely Houston, Tulane, etc are better examples than Atlanta ...

The same company who did the feasibility study and set up the PSL program in Atlanta has been hired by D1 schools to do financial feasibility studies.

For a stadium currently not planned to be built, you sure are touchy.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

If we build a stadium on campus, we could have seat licenses.  Not the ridiculous ones like they are talking about in Atlanta, but something more along the lines of a season ticket price like the Bucs did when RayJay first opened.  Of course you could donate more if you wanted, and it may be better to just have a voluntary seat donation drive instead.

You can raise a ton of money from naming rights.  Before I saw Tulane's naming revenues from their stadium web site, I never knew you could sell naming rights for not only the stadium, but the field, the club, concourse areas, etc, etc.   I think Tulane was looking for 40 million from naming rights alone.  With the size of the Tampa Bay area and the companies located here, we could probably get that much or more.   If we had 10,000 seats donating an average of $1,000 per seat, that would be another 10 million.  Another 10 million from general fundraising donations and we are up to 60 million dollars without anything having to be financed.

That Atlanta situation is so ridiculous that I hope hardly anybody pays them.

Go Bulls!

I know for a fact that NFL stadium naming rights can be had for $1.5 million per year. I saw the agreement my company signed. 10 years, $15 million to be paid in equal anual installments.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

What the heck does $1 Billion plus NFL Stadiums have to do with most on-campus college football stadiums?

Colleges have used BOOSTER FEES for decades...as in fans have to pay booster $$$ just to have the right to purchase season tix.

PSL's by NFL teams were used to "catch up" as they didn't have "booster fees" decades ago in the NFL.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

What the heck does $1 Billion plus NFL Stadiums have to do with most on-campus college football stadiums?

Colleges have used BOOSTER FEES for decades...as in fans have to pay booster $$$ just to have the right to purchase season tix.

PSL's by NFL teams were used to "catch up" as they didn't have "booster fees" decades ago in the NFL.

KL,

I agree with you that USF needs an OCS in the future. Would love to have one tomorrow but that is not going to happen. I suspect that USF will not renew the RJS lease and get an OCS. The proposed new RJS lease does nothing to help USF. So you should see USF getting more serious about an OCS in the next few years. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Always thought the Rowdies should have partnered with USF on building Corbett stadium and share it

Always thought the Rowdies should have partnered with USF on building Corbett stadium and share it

Bill Edwards is a St. Pete guy... he never wanted to move the Rowdies to Tampa... and now, of course, he doesn't have to:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/its-official-bill-edwards-will-control-al-lang-stadium-in-a-deal-approved/2200447

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Mixed use stadiums, especially football/baseball suck.  The sight lines for one or the other are usually screwed up.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Agree....or St Pete should finally bulldoze Al Lang Stadium and put in a real soccer stadium in its place.

Went to a Rowdies game this past season vs the Cosmos (enjoyed hanging out in downtown st pete) but that baseball stadium is hideous for soccer as so few seats are actually on the sideline.

Whatever minor league the Rowdies are in...they really only need a 5,000 - 7,000 type seat stadium...and maybe they can improve USF's small soccer stadium or improve the larger track & field (formerly soccer too) stadium at USF....but they have to get out of the baseball stadium in St Pete.

Edited by Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Mixed use stadiums, especially football/baseball suck. The sight lines for one or the other are usually screwed up.

Not the one Atlanta had prior to the Olympics. It wasn't pretty, but the sight lines were fine.

Atlantafultoncountystadium.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2