• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan on Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

The only change that will keep me as a donor and a holder of 4 season tickets is Taffart being fired.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

This is all just a big waste of time. I'd be shocked if they win six games next year. Ultimately, they'll fire him after 2015. Based on what I've seen I can't imagine he makes it.

Given how bad the AAC is I can see Taggart falling backwards into 6 wins and stayng here with us a solidly mediocre team in a terrible division.

How many first and Macks does it take to realize this guy's coaching tools are way too limited?

We are in the good division. Cincy, ECU, UCF, and Temple every year. Florida State and Maryland on the road and Syracuse at home next season. I would be happy to get 6 wins out of that honestly.

Well, there are seven losses right there...

Are we gonna play 13 games so we can get a bowl- 12-7=5  not bowl elligible

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,974
  • Days Won:  12

I am glad the boss is getting involved. 

I mean, "accountability" and "high standards" weren't exactly hallmarks of this program before Harlan stepped in. 

Woolard wanted to be friends with Skippy. I like that Harlan is playing boss, not golf buddy. Because after 24 games Mr. Taggart, it's evident a boss is needed.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I mean, "accountability" and "high standards" weren't exactly hallmarks of this program before Harlan stepped in. 

Woolard wanted to be friends with Skippy. I like that Harlan is playing boss, not golf buddy. Because after 24 games Mr. Taggart, it's evident a boss is needed.

DW fired Holtz. You don't fire your buddy. And the AD reviewing the season is normal too. And since I found a Sept. article with Harlan saying that USF only has 2100 donors, I know why he's saying he's committed. His hands are tied.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

I could see him getting a guy like Scott Frost who has coached with Oregon for five years, 1st as the WR coach, and then as Offensive Coordinator. Since he is young like Antigua, he will be willing to take less money for an opportunity that if successful will eventually lead to a top tier job.

I would love to see us run the Oregon offense here, I think we have the athletes in the area to run it.

Can you imagine Mack running the ball vs a spread out defense.

We need a young up and comming OC from a program that has some championship experience.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

(1) I seriously doubt Harlan is canning a guy who has been coach for two years, no matter how bad he's been

(2) This was the offense a good portion of the board wanted going back to the days of Rod Smith.

(3) I expect a "Muschamp ultimatum" to change things up a bit, and for the offense to be revamped.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

DW fired Holtz. You don't fire your buddy. And the AD reviewing the season is normal too. And since I found a Sept. article with Harlan saying that USF only has 2100 donors, I know why he's saying he's committed. His hands are tied.

No link, but I'm pretty sure Judy fired, him, but made Doug tell him - because they WERE buddies, and it would soften the blow.

Everybody LIKED Skip, he was a very likeable person. Dare I say it, even a very GOOD person. Just not a good coach for us

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I really like the idea of getting a championship caliber assistant to take the helm.  If I were AD I would be scoping out Oregon, TCU, Auburn, Arizona.  Programs like that.  Taggart needs to go the SEC, he'll be right at home and bore the heck out of the fans whereever he ends up.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,053
  • Days Won:  38

Let's hope things do not go well when Harlan has his sit down with Taggart and we have a new coach for 2015.

I think this is probably the only hope for there being a coaching change in 2014.
We can live with Taggart as HC as long as there are real changes at OC and bringing in a proven guy to teach him how to be a HC.

If we just lose Wulfe and shuffle some Offensive coaches to make it look like changes it will be meaningless.

Get ready to be disappointed. CWT doesn't seem to me to be the kind of guy to just be a figurehead HC. He won't relinquish control over play calling.

But he has demonstrated that he cant call plays.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

No link, but I'm pretty sure Judy fired, him, but made Doug tell him - because they WERE buddies, and it would soften the blow.

Everybody LIKED Skip, he was a very likeable person. Dare I say it, even a very GOOD person. Just not a good coach for us

Actually it was the head of the Board of Trustees that had him fired.  Judy and Doug would have given him another year.