• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan on Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If four bad years are what it takes to run you off I would hardly call you a die hard.....

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

If four bad years are what it takes to run you off I would hardly call you a die hard.....

The way 2011 played out, I have a hard time lumping it in with the other 3 ... 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The way 2011 played out, I have a hard time lumping it in with the other 3 ... 

We were 5-7 and lost to every decent team we played that year minus the ND game.  Anytime we have a losing record I can't consider the year a positive.  Especially losing 7 of the last 8.  

This is all just a big waste of time. I'd be shocked if they win six games next year. Ultimately, they'll fire him after 2015. Based on what I've seen I can't imagine he makes it.

Given how bad the AAC is I can see Taggart falling backwards into 6 wins and stayng here with us a solidly mediocre team in a terrible division.

How many first and Macks does it take to realize this guy's coaching tools are way too limited?

The AAC was terrible this year and he barely managed to get 4 wins. No way he gets 6 wins with a worse team next year.

How is it going to be a WORSE team next year?  The youth on both sides of the ball have some great talent... we will be BETTER next year.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

This is all just a big waste of time. I'd be shocked if they win six games next year. Ultimately, they'll fire him after 2015. Based on what I've seen I can't imagine he makes it.

Given how bad the AAC is I can see Taggart falling backwards into 6 wins and stayng here with us a solidly mediocre team in a terrible division.

How many first and Macks does it take to realize this guy's coaching tools are way too limited?

The AAC was terrible this year and he barely managed to get 4 wins. No way he gets 6 wins with a worse team next year.

How is it going to be a WORSE team next year? The youth on both sides of the ball have some great talent... we will be BETTER next year.

Ha! Well, just wait and see. I thought the same thing going from last year to this year, but the defense was worse and the only improvement on offense was Mack. As for attrition, that happens every year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

How is it going to be a WORSE team next year?  The youth on both sides of the ball have some great talent... we will be BETTER next year.

You aren't paying attention.  It isn't the talent, it is the coaching. 

Edit:  There are plenty of Fr & So playing D-1 football around the country that are making an impact.  If the kids he are recruiting are good enough for the classes to be ranked where they are, they should be more than talented enough to make an impact here - at least some of them.  So it must be the coaching that prohibits them from showing the same level of skill as others around the country.  Marlon Mack is an exception but is playing a position that is as much instinct as it is the result of great coaching.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Edit:  There are plenty of Fr & So playing D-1 football around the country that are making an impact.  If the kids he are recruiting are good enough for the classes to be ranked where they are, they should be more than talented enough to make an impact here - at least some of them.  So it must be the coaching that prohibits them from showing the same level of skill as others around the country.  Marlon Mack is an exception but is playing a position that is as much instinct as it is the result of great coaching.

Good point. I keep hearing of all these great talents he recruited that he's red-shirted this year. Given our talent isn't great, but not as horrible as W/L suggests, I don't understand why he has red-shirted all these great players who could be contributing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Then hopefully the coaches next year will work more on not missing wide open receivers, catching balls that hit them in the hands, making stupid decisions that result in penalties ... Truth be told it's a combination of talent, experience AND coaching that comes into play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Then hopefully the coaches next year will work more on not missing wide open receivers, catching balls that hit them in the hands, making stupid decisions that result in penalties ... Truth be told it's a combination of talent, experience AND coaching that comes into play.

So either his recruits aren't that talented or he isn't coaching them.  He's made it a point of playing "his" guys because the others were NOT "his" guys and they had no talent.  Either way Tags isn't delivering.  If you've stopped playing the other coach's kids because the kids you recruited are more talented, then they really need to show that they are.  Don't want to hear about this "young" stuff.  Either you are better than the other kid or you aren't.

I was paying attention... the offense was actually little better, but the OL simply could not do it's job and how many times do we need to see receivers just plain drop the ball ... the defense was talented, but made a lot of dumb mistakes - taking the wrong angels or gaps, getting out of position, or just doing dumb things (like Abraham's penalty today).