• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White is our best qb

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The QB situation really is terrible. White has shown that he is the best QB on the team. I was in favor of starting Bench for Houston because White has been very inconsistent, as shown in the Tulsa game, his best and worst halves of football  this year. To find out if Bench was truly better was a logical thing to do especially since Bench and White had been performing similarly. We now know that Bench is not quite as good as White. The performance of Flowers in the last game indicates that he has some potential but is not ready for prime time. Probably won't be for another year, think 2016. The problem with the QB situation has definitely slowed the offense down. Many times the play is there but the execution is not. I think the most concerning aspect of all this is that CWT decided to start Flowers in the first place. This certainly raises my concern on his ability to coach offense, which is supposed to be his strong suit. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,014
  • Days Won:  38

I guess after all is said and done, Willie did originally pick the best QB (White) even though everyone said he couldn't evaluate.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Sigh

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Post game interviews with players and coach never said anything about calling a spike. They said he called for "Sticks" play. I dunno, I don't buy a coach calling for spike on 4th down.

Let's not let facts get in the way of rants please.

Exactly.  I've criticized CWT a bunch of late, but please, don't tell me a D1 coach called for a spike on 4th down.  This crosses the line of TBP ridiculousness. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I guess after all is said and done, Willie did originally pick the best QB (White) even though everyone said he couldn't evaluate.

I'm glad CWT panicked and put White in, but there is a WHOLE LOT of merit to the assertion that CWT can't evaluate QBs. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

White played well enough to deserve every snap left this season.

And he did that the 2nd half of Tulsa. So his 1.5 quarters has earned him all the starts? Don't know what he graded out at yesterday but up to that point Bench had the 2 highest grades (from the coaches) of the season. So why didn't he start Bench yesterday? There are some questions that can only be answered in Taggart's mind.

Houston game. I'm really not sure why you are such a staunch Bench supporter. But more power to you, I wish he was as good as you make him out to be :/

While your head coach was calling for White to spike the ball on the last play he had the sense to signal in the play that won the game. But he has no sense/feel of the game I guess. Has been around football all his life and has more of a grasp of the game than the other two. No, he isn't Tom Brady but he knows the game, is mobile and if you pull up his high school highlights can make all the throws that White can make.

I dont buy all of that. Are you saying that Taggart was motioning White to spike the ball on 4th down and didnt realise that? I believe you may be talking about 3rd down when they ran the ball and the clock kept running. I hope CWT was not that lost out there as you have heard. Watching the game on TV it looked like CWT was yelling at White to run a play. Didnt see the spike ball motion but maybe I was missing something. Bench may end of being a good coach one day, but I have seen enough of him at QB to see that he does not worry the other teams defense with his passing. As soon at Houston went up 7-0, I pretty much felt that the game was over with Bench out there because he does not lead the offense.

Yes, Taggart wanted a spike on 4th and White questioned it. Right after the bone head run on 3Rd call. Goes way beyond any issue Holtz had with time outs.

Slick.. don't act as if you know this as fact.

You are going on hearsay (by CousinRicky) and have no other proof/evidence/knowledge of it than that

It makes sense if you look at the run play called on 3rd down, if Taggart thought it easy 2nd down.

Calling thst run was incredibly stupid. That we got off the 4th down play, It is amazing. Props goes to the players for execution. 3rd down call put them in a bad spot, and was t he worst call you could make in that situation.

There was plenty of time to run and get another play off .... evidenced by the fact we DID get another play off, with 4 seconds left after the play was over. 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

White played well enough to deserve every snap left this season.

And he did that the 2nd half of Tulsa. So his 1.5 quarters has earned him all the starts? Don't know what he graded out at yesterday but up to that point Bench had the 2 highest grades (from the coaches) of the season. So why didn't he start Bench yesterday? There are some questions that can only be answered in Taggart's mind.

Houston game. I'm really not sure why you are such a staunch Bench supporter. But more power to you, I wish he was as good as you make him out to be :/

While your head coach was calling for White to spike the ball on the last play he had the sense to signal in the play that won the game. But he has no sense/feel of the game I guess. Has been around football all his life and has more of a grasp of the game than the other two. No, he isn't Tom Brady but he knows the game, is mobile and if you pull up his high school highlights can make all the throws that White can make.

I dont buy all of that. Are you saying that Taggart was motioning White to spike the ball on 4th down and didnt realise that? I believe you may be talking about 3rd down when they ran the ball and the clock kept running. I hope CWT was not that lost out there as you have heard. Watching the game on TV it looked like CWT was yelling at White to run a play. Didnt see the spike ball motion but maybe I was missing something. Bench may end of being a good coach one day, but I have seen enough of him at QB to see that he does not worry the other teams defense with his passing. As soon at Houston went up 7-0, I pretty much felt that the game was over with Bench out there because he does not lead the offense.

Yes, Taggart wanted a spike on 4th and White questioned it. Right after the bone head run on 3Rd call. Goes way beyond any issue Holtz had with time outs.

Slick.. don't act as if you know this as fact.

You are going on hearsay (by CousinRicky) and have no other proof/evidence/knowledge of it than that

It makes sense if you look at the run play called on 3rd down, if Taggart thought it easy 2nd down.

Calling thst run was incredibly stupid. That we got off the 4th down play, It is amazing. Props goes to the players for execution. 3rd down call put them in a bad spot, and was t he worst call you could make in that situation.

There was plenty of time to run and get another play off .... evidenced by the fact we DID get another play off, with 4 seconds left after the play was over. 

I liked the call...there was plenty of time and it prevented SMU from running any offensive plays

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This is an offense that requires time and experience to be run effectively. If bench had figured it out by now he would be starting. I believe that flowers can be the guy one day but he needs to sit and learn for now. White is not a great qb but he knows the offense and let's face it, nobody has shown they can get points on the board consistently other than white. He still has a lot of potential people. Start him and worry about the qb position as white serves as the bridge to our qb of the future.

If Fowler is the QB of the future, we are in a lot of trouble and it will eventually cost CWT his job. We ran a very limited offense so that they could give him a start and it almost cost us the game against one the worst FBS program. There's a reason nobody recruited Fowler as a QB. Move him to running back.
Fowler?

Is a better option than Fletcher. More lanes, less congestion.

I prefer Fletcher FLAME WAR

30th Street, FTW !!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

After watching all three play this season I would have to agree.  White is the best option we have at this point.  

Would like to see Q utilized more in the Wildcat read option like he was in the first drive against SMU.  

Edited by Bulls Are We

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I think the title of this thread would make a funny T-Shirt.