• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White is our best qb

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks for the video clip Slick.

In no way do I see that as a spike the ball motion from Coach Taggart.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The booth crew's commentary is telling too because it looked like they were going to spike and they were saying they can't, it's 4th down. I wonder if White saw the down marker and turned for a play. What did White's hand single mean? Why would a QB signal anything back to the sidelines?

Taggart made 1 motion down with his arm before the 3rd down play. A spike signal is multiple motions.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The booth crew's commentary is telling too because it looked like they were going to spike and they were saying they can't, it's 4th down. I wonder if White saw the down marker and turned for a play. What did White's hand single mean? Why would a QB signal anything back to the sidelines?

From the hand signal, it looked to me like White was asking if it was second down or not. Any way you slice it, it was a weird way to end a game.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Taggart made 1 motion down with his arm before the 3rd down play. A spike signal is multiple motions.

agree.

it looked more like a single stroke for emphasis.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I'm sure to be sorry for having waded into this

I watched the CBS sports telecast from my dvr. After the 3rd down play white looks over to the sidelines (27 seconds left) and he's lining the team up at the 18 second mark. I don't see him looking back at the sidelines again. So whatever happened occurred in that 9 seconds. However the cbss telecast doesn't show the bulls sideline. Mike white does make a motion that kind of looks like a spike but could also have been something else.

cameras don't show cwt or anyone else on the bulls sideline calling plays between 3rd and 4th downs. Certainly possible that cwt thought it was third down. Also possible that CR didn't see what he thinks he saw. Doesn't mean anyone is lying. 9 seconds with all the moving parts out there is not a lot of time.

Clearly CWT is giving him a play and as an afterthought tells him to spike the ball with a quick motion for the second play. Its right at the beginning of this clip.

Although CWT's hand motion appears to look very similar to a spike I'd call it pure speculation what we think he "tells him" unless we have audio on CWT or Whites confirmation what was said.

You idiots can believe what you want.  Taggart was signaling for him to spike the ball.  That makes it a fact. I was at that game. I share half of what I can on here.  About done with it.

Cousin.. no reason to resort to name calling.

Just because people are not choosing to completely believe you is no reason to call them "idiots"

What you saw/say doesn't make it a FACT, only your interpretation of the situation. Could it be correct, yes, could it not be, yes. 

You saw what you saw but may not be what actually happened.

As Apis noted, just because someone has connections, that person is still watching a live game, at the last moment, with emotions high. (And apparently from the AD suite, which does have a distance from the sideline.)  Everything moves a lot faster.

The spiking motion.. such as the video posted by Slick to "prove" his claim can be interpreted by some (him) as a spike.

It can also be interpreted as Taggart telling Mike.. we're going to run now and next will be a pass play (and the hand motion is a pass.) So the team can be ready and start lining up in a base pass formation

Edited by dogma

agree.

it looked more like a single stroke for emphasis.

Why would he make an emphasis like he's throwing the ball downward? We all know what emphasis looks like, that ain't it.

Jim-Leavitt-Fired-Leavitt-Fired.jpg

Slick, the booth crew's commentary had more to do with the fact that we couldn't spike the ball and stop the clock. We had plenty of time left anyways, so it was a moot point.

The only thing I am curious about is when Coach Taggart allegedly called for a spike play. We cannot tell between 3rd and 4th down and White does not seem too phased by it if it was being called.

Slick, the booth crew's commentary had more to do with the fact that we couldn't spike the ball and stop the clock. We had plenty of time left anyways, so it was a moot point.

The only thing I am curious about is when Coach Taggart allegedly called for a spike play. We cannot tell between 3rd and 4th down and White does not seem too phased by it if it was being called.

Why bring it up if they didn't look like they were doing it? White seems to be doing "multiple motions" right before the time it's mentioned. Edited by slick1ru2

That doesn't look like emphasis for a spike play. It was likely more for encouragement than anything else.

Any spike play call I have ever seen has shown multiple motions for the play call. Coach Taggart clearly did not do this before the 3rd down play. Whether he did before 4th down seems to be the debate.