• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White is our best qb

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

White played well enough to deserve every snap left this season.

And he did that the 2nd half of Tulsa.  So his 1.5 quarters has earned him all the starts?  Don't know what he graded out at yesterday but up to that point Bench had the 2 highest grades (from the coaches) of the season.  So why didn't he start Bench yesterday?  There are some questions that can only be answered in Taggart's mind.

Houston game. I'm really not sure why you are such a staunch Bench supporter. But more power to you, I wish he was as good as you make him out to be :/

A decent Houston defense vs. Bench and two sieves in Tulsa and SMU for White. that's an equal comparison.

Fact of the matter is that he could not score. White did a bit better against an even better defense (Wisconsin).

Bench had a Total QBR (this accounts rating for the strength of defense) of 38.4, good enough for 64th. Raw QBR of 28.4.

White had a Total QBR of 64 (again adjusted for strength of defense), good enough for 35th. Raw QBR of 76.1

He also had a Total QBR of 65.8, good for 40th. Raw QBR of 38.4.

Besides that, Bench doesn't pass the eye test for me. And I realize that is completely opinion-based. But I'm a New England Pats fan (born and raised in Attleboro, anybody here ever hear of that town? Sorry for tangent)), I'm used, spoiled even, to seeing good QB play. White just looks like the best QB we have to me.

And he did that the 2nd half of Tulsa. So his 1.5 quarters has earned him all the starts? Don't know what he graded out at yesterday but up to that point Bench had the 2 highest grades (from the coaches) of the season. So why didn't he start Bench yesterday? There are some questions that can only be answered in Taggart's mind.
Houston game. I'm really not sure why you are such a staunch Bench supporter. But more power to you, I wish he was as good as you make him out to be :/
A decent Houston defense vs. Bench and two sieves in Tulsa and SMU for White. that's an equal comparison.
Now now some one here don't wan to hear negatives on white They need to go back to the Tulsa game and read their posts on white. Not sure if they are bipolar or what

If you notice, that is a direct reply to me. Please refer me to a negative post about White on that particular game. Look above for my reasoning. I don't base everything on my emotions. Please, give me solid explanation for why Bench is better.... I would love to hear it, honestly.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I was at the game. Flowers was having a tuff time with blitz in second half. He didn't look awful in first half. Chop block pens killed several drives. I wood have brought White in in middle of third qtr.

The wet cold really hampered the team. It's a piss poor excuse but it's true. Players looked miserable on sidelines. Cold hands plus damp ball equated to several drops and WRs hearing footsteps looking for DB i.e. instead of looking balls to hands. Players headed for heaters as soon as they came off field.

I was a good comeback. I felt sorry for SMU too. That team was 4 sec of getting a huge gorilla off their backs. I suspect those fans that don't feel a bit sorry for SMU haven't played much FB and if you did never experienced a truly bad season as a player.

Edited by BullDoug

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

And he did that the 2nd half of Tulsa. So his 1.5 quarters has earned him all the starts? Don't know what he graded out at yesterday but up to that point Bench had the 2 highest grades (from the coaches) of the season. So why didn't he start Bench yesterday? There are some questions that can only be answered in Taggart's mind.
Now now some one here don't wan to hear negatives on white They need to go back to the Tulsa game and read their posts on white. Not sure if they are bipolar or what

If you notice, that is a direct reply to me. Please refer me to a negative post about White on that particular game. Look above for my reasoning. I don't base everything on my emotions. Please, give me solid explanation for why Bench is better.... I would love to hear it, honestly.

This was not a direct reply to you so don't get you shorts in a wad, Steven Bench has not got the majority of the reps for even one game this year.  White has and during the first half of the Tulsa game, everyone was going off on him and how he should never se the field again.

This was not a direct reply to you so don't get you shorts in a wad, Steven Bench has not got the majority of the reps for even one game this year.  White has and during the first half of the Tulsa game, everyone was going off on him and how he should never se the field again.

Don't worry, I'm not wearing shorts! :D

But, I was referring to the previous post that you quoted. Didn't mean you were directly singling me out, so I figured you were lumping me in with the people that were complaining. I remember I avoided this site during the first half cuz the comments were pissing me off even more lol. Most fans are very temperamental during a game, so I try not to take too many of those comments seriously, which was very hard to do that game. 

I get frustrated because I see the talent in White. Yes, he makes bozo moves sometimes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

And he did that the 2nd half of Tulsa.  So his 1.5 quarters has earned him all the starts?  Don't know what he graded out at yesterday but up to that point Bench had the 2 highest grades (from the coaches) of the season.  So why didn't he start Bench yesterday?  There are some questions that can only be answered in Taggart's mind.

While your head coach was calling for White to spike the ball on the last play he had the sense to signal in the play that won the game. But he has no sense/feel of the game I guess.  Has been around football all his life and has more of a grasp of the game than the other two.  No, he isn't Tom Brady but he knows the game, is mobile and if you pull up his high school highlights can make all the throws that White can make. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

While your head coach was calling for White to spike the ball on the last play he had the sense to signal in the play that won the game. But he has no sense/feel of the game I guess.  Has been around football all his life and has more of a grasp of the game than the other two.  No, he isn't Tom Brady but he knows the game, is mobile and if you pull up his high school highlights can make all the throws that White can make. 

I dont buy all of that. Are you saying that Taggart was motioning White to spike the ball on 4th down and didnt realise that? I believe you may be talking about 3rd down when they ran the ball and the clock kept running. I hope CWT was not that lost out there as you have heard. Watching the game on TV it looked like CWT was yelling at White to run a play. Didnt see the spike ball motion but maybe I was missing something.  Bench may end of being a good coach one day, but I have seen enough of him at QB to see that he does not worry the other teams defense with his passing. As soon at Houston went up 7-0, I pretty much felt that the game was over with Bench out there because he does not lead the offense. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I dont buy all of that. Are you saying that Taggart was motioning White to spike the ball on 4th down and didnt realise that? I believe you may be talking about 3rd down when they ran the ball and the clock kept running. I hope CWT was not that lost out there as you have heard. Watching the game on TV it looked like CWT was yelling at White to run a play. Didnt see the spike ball motion but maybe I was missing something.  Bench may end of being a good coach one day, but I have seen enough of him at QB to see that he does not worry the other teams defense with his passing. As soon at Houston went up 7-0, I pretty much felt that the game was over with Bench out there because he does not lead the offense.

Yes, Taggart wanted a spike on 4th and White questioned it. Right after the bone head run on 3Rd call. Goes way beyond any issue Holtz had with time outs.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Wow...I thought I saw that, and White looking perplexed, as receivers were in motion.  I was afraid he was gonna pull a Doug Williams v Pittsburg decades ago, when he spiked on 4th to stop the clock, as the Sombrero crowd groaned or sat stunned.  Steelers players celebrated while Williams tried to huddle his befuddled team.

That White was able to get up on the ball, line it up, call the play and then execute on the chaos was amazing...and maybe saved Taggart's job in 2014.  Yes, SMU stinks, but White played VERY well under pressure, especially given he was yanked 3 weeks earlier, and hasn't played in 2 1/4 games.

White is our starter for the rest of 2014.  I'd like to see Flowers occassionally, but with better timing from Taggart as to WHEN.  So far, no good.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Fact of the matter is that he could not score. White did a bit better against an even better defense (Wisconsin).

Bench had a Total QBR (this accounts rating for the strength of defense) of 38.4, good enough for 64th. Raw QBR of 28.4.

White had a Total QBR of 64 (again adjusted for strength of defense), good enough for 35th. Raw QBR of 76.1

He also had a Total QBR of 65.8, good for 40th. Raw QBR of 38.4.

Besides that, Bench doesn't pass the eye test for me. And I realize that is completely opinion-based. But I'm a New England Pats fan (born and raised in Attleboro, anybody here ever hear of that town? Sorry for tangent)), I'm used, spoiled even, to seeing good QB play. White just looks like the best QB we have to me.

+1. White is the only QB that passes the eye test throwing the ball. He looks like a big time QB throwing the ball.