• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just wait 'til next year...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Has CWT ever developed a QB? All I know about WKU was he had 2 NFL RBs.

Judge for yourself .... Kawaun Jakes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Has CWT ever developed a QB? All I know about WKU was he had 2 NFL RBs.

Judge for yourself .... Kawaun Jakes

CWT also had his QB's at WKU earn all conference honorable mentions for 3 consecutive years.

Funny how Slick still follows Skip to provide arguments vs Taggart and the current state of USF football, but fails to attempt any research on CWT.

His man-crush is incredible.

And for the record Slick, before the possible retort, I dont have a man-crush on CWT.

But I've always suspected it would be a long term rebuild given what Skip left us. USF was left in a worse situation than what CWT inherited in WKU. He got a team almost as bad as WKU but in a much better conference.

I expected the first two seasons to be pretty bad, while he recruits the base of the rebuild. However I do expect to see improvements next season.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF was left in a worse situation than what CWT inherited in WKU.

You stepped in it now. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I just dont want to be bored to tears watching the team. I dont mind losing as much as I hate losing 27-3 and not being competitive for even one play. Scoring an offensive TD more than once a month would be nice. If we played an entire season the way we played against WCU and Maryland I could live with the record, regardless of the result. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm with you there, Ghost. I wish I could see into that post-game locker room to see if there's any fire in there. (...and no, not a dumpster fire)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I just dont want to be bored to tears watching the team. I dont mind losing as much as I hate losing 27-3 and not being competitive for even one play. Scoring an offensive TD more than once a month would be nice. If we played an entire season the way we played against WCU and Maryland I could live with the record, regardless of the result.

+1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Tags saving grace at this point is his recruiting, I'd like to see what he lands come national signing day. Def need to see 2 quarterbacks in the class.

He's not going to land many with only 4 wins.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Rebuilding implies a lack of something, those 2011-12 teams lacked one thing. Coaching. Those weren't "rebuilding" years. They should've been "new coach" years with hindsight giving us that benefit.

So if Holtz can't coach other guys players, how is he 6 - 3 at La Tech this year, his 2nd year?

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

4-8 is what I expected this season. Next year is when I figured we make the jump to 7 wins. All of our young freshman and sophomore should be much better next year

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

You guys need to be more patient.  If you fire CWT next year your going to delay your return by another 2-3 years beyond what it would otherwise be.  You don't turn around a program in three years.  It is going to take you 4-5 years.

You should expect to go 6-6 and go to a bowl next year.  Anything beyond that will be a bonus.

FO kaniggit, tell that to all the NCAA programs that spun on a dime and turned themselves around when the were looking deep into the abyss.  Now run back to mouseville and leave us to wallow in our own misery.  F'ing interloper.