• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just wait 'til next year...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Two things, SquareKnight:

1) that vitriolic response you got from hbryan is standard with him. Don't take it personally.

2) I appreciate your opinion, but this is a Bulls family debate. Feel free to voice your opinion, but understand that UCF opinions pretty much mean **** to us overall. It's just the way it is. If you are really looking for friendly dialogue here, come correct. Otherwise, prepare for either backlash or derision from us.

Have a great evening.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

4-8 is what I expected this season. Next year is when I figured we make the jump to 7 wins. All of our young freshman and sophomore should be much better next year

Don't hold your breath waiting for 7 wins next year. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Rebuilding implies a lack of something, those 2011-12 teams lacked one thing. Coaching. Those weren't "rebuilding" years. They should've been "new coach" years with hindsight giving us that benefit.

So if Holtz can't coach other guys players, how is he 6 - 3 at La Tech this year, his 2nd year?

How was he 5-7 here his second year? or 3-9 his third? Maybe he gets worse the more of his players he gets? Who knows. I'm glad he's gone. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes here. good for him, irrelevant for us.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Has CWT ever developed a QB? All I know about WKU was he had 2 NFL RBs.

Judge for yourself .... Kawaun Jakes

CWT also had his QB's at WKU earn all conference honorable mentions for 3 consecutive years.

Funny how Slick still follows Skip to provide arguments vs Taggart and the current state of USF football, but fails to attempt any research on CWT.

His man-crush is incredible.

And for the record Slick, before the possible retort, I dont have a man-crush on CWT.

But I've always suspected it would be a long term rebuild given what Skip left us. USF was left in a worse situation than what CWT inherited in WKU. He got a team almost as bad as WKU but in a much better conference.

I expected the first two seasons to be pretty bad, while he recruits the base of the rebuild. However I do expect to see improvements next season.

I asked because I wasn't following him when he was at WKU, player development wise. Why should I? I've seen his w/l but that's it. I'm going to start calling you Rush Jr. since you like to babble on about labels for people.. Anyway Rush Jr., I know two WKU RBs made it to the NFL,,that happened while Taggart was here. And tell me why not compare our current with former coach? Fear? Bias? I asked a legit question considering the QB situation, Rush Jr..

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Rebuilding implies a lack of something, those 2011-12 teams lacked one thing. Coaching. Those weren't "rebuilding" years. They should've been "new coach" years with hindsight giving us that benefit.

So if Holtz can't coach other guys players, how is he 6 - 3 at La Tech this year, his 2nd year?

How was he 5-7 here his second year? or 3-9 his third? Maybe he gets worse the more of his players he gets? Who knows. I'm glad he's gone. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes here. good for him, irrelevant for us.

Don't exonerate who he had for DC. Not with what, 7 or 8 one score losses in 1 1/2 seasons. CWT had as many one score wins in 2 seasons, 4 in OT. He wouldn't even be here if they went the other way.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

What can I say, dude belongs in C-DOA.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What can I say, dude belongs in C-DOA.

Irrelevant.

We ARE in cusa

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Don't exonerate who he had for DC. Not with what, 7 or 8 one score losses in 1 1/2 seasons. CWT had as many one score wins in 2 seasons, 4 in OT. He wouldn't even be here if they went the other way.

So when skip loses one score games it's indicative of a bad DC (who he hired and brought in at $325K. Year for 2 years). When CWT wins one score games at WKU it's indicative that he just got lucky.

So you think skip was successful here? You think head coaches should no be blamed for the coordinators?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Has CWT ever developed a QB? All I know about WKU was he had 2 NFL RBs.

Judge for yourself .... Kawaun Jakes

CWT also had his QB's at WKU earn all conference honorable mentions for 3 consecutive years.

Funny how Slick still follows Skip to provide arguments vs Taggart and the current state of USF football, but fails to attempt any research on CWT.

His man-crush is incredible.

And for the record Slick, before the possible retort, I dont have a man-crush on CWT.

But I've always suspected it would be a long term rebuild given what Skip left us. USF was left in a worse situation than what CWT inherited in WKU. He got a team almost as bad as WKU but in a much better conference.

I expected the first two seasons to be pretty bad, while he recruits the base of the rebuild. However I do expect to see improvements next season.

I asked because I wasn't following him when he was at WKU, player development wise. Why should I? I've seen his w/l but that's it. I'm going to start calling you Rush Jr. since you like to babble on about labels for people.. Anyway Rush Jr., I know two WKU RBs made it to the NFL,,that happened while Taggart was here. And tell me why not compare our current with former coach? Fear? Bias? I asked a legit question considering the QB situation, Rush Jr..

I agree that it was a legit question. You were provided the data for an answer. Did I miss it?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

How long do you think it takes to rebuild? We ARE still rebuilding, so it's not a bogus excuse. It's just taking a lot longer to see progress than a lot of us wanted...me included, and I agree about the apparent apathy in the players & coaches. Gotta give it at least one more year IMO, though.

I get what you're saying, and it's a good post. I think USF is beyond apathy at this point. Those of us that are still around, posting on this forum, going to the games, and representing the alma mater are the most fervent of the fan base. When Bull Daly goes from typing with only one exclamation point, rather than six, we've gone beyond apathy. All I want to see is some light at the end of the tunnel, and I'd love to see something kick in with these players and coaches that provides me that glimmer of hope this season. If not, as the thread title says, there's next season.