• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just wait 'til next year...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

So it looks increasingly likely that we'll go 4-8 this year in football. Some say we should fire CWT, while others say we should've anticipated 4-8 because we're rebuilding.

My question is this: how should we measure "progress" in 2015? 6-6 (bowl game) at least? Or will a single additional win (5-7) be sufficient to bring CWT back in 2016?

For the moment, let's set aside financial considerations (USF can't afford to fire him, etc.) and focus solely on wins and losses... what must CWT do in 2015 to demonstrate "progress"?

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077

I think it should be a bowl game. No excuses. I think that has to be established before the start of the season and communicated to the few remaining season ticket holders that they can expect a bowl game or there will be "immediate action taken by USF athletics" to ensure those responsible (coaching staff) are held accountable. 3 years should be enough to go .500 with these teams on our schedule.

Edited by MaltLiquorBull

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Next year is a rebuilding year just like this year. And last year. And the two years before that.

The way I would judge Tagart is by fan attendance - that ensures the team is competitive and entertaining.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Get to a bowl game and nothing less.  This team should start to come into it's own next season if Taggart's building something here.  This will be a tough task though if we can't fine someone, anyone, to give us at least average QB play.   We also need to be competitive in all of our games and play complete games in the majority of them.....

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

If we fall below .500 at any point during the season next year, he should be shown the door.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

CWT needs to be nurturing Flowers. It's his only chance. It's clear White and Bench won't cut the mustard. A true freshman, or transfer, isn't stepping into this and starting at a high level.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077

Would be nice to at least go .500 at home. Wins at home are few and far between, and you need those home wins to go bowling. Either a bowl game next year, or we sell back the bus at a huge loss.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Beat the horrible teams by more than 1 score. Beat a good team or 2. That would be the measure of a successful year.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

If we fall below .500 at any point during the season next year, he should be shown the door.

Can't see a way we don't start 1-2 next season even if it turns into a good year. @ Maryland and @ FSU will be very tough.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685

FWIW, I think we need to pick up an additional two wins at least, i.e. go 6-6, and get to a bottom tier bowl.

I know that many have billed this job as a rebuilding project, but USF hired CWT at least in part because of his ability to turn WKU around quickly.

Getting to .500 and a bowl game in year three at a Florida school is not an unreasonable goal. If he can't pull this off next year (QB or not) I'll be firmly in the "need a new coach" camp come December 2015.