• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Taggart evaluate talent?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Last year is not this year. Bench deserves a shot at first team reps and a start to see if he can light a fire under this offense.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

White's a young kid and in a tough situation.  I don't get why we keep starting him. If Taggart is going to be stubborn and stick with White the rest of the season it may end up costing him his job which would be awful for the program.

As mentioned in another thread, go with Bench and eventually give Wilson a shot.     Flowers should be a running back.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

CWT is trying to fit a round peg in to a square hole with this offense. It will never work here no matter how well he recruits. There is a reason other programs are turning away from it, where as we are turning towards it. If he gets fired after 3 years he will have recruited to this offense and another coach will come in and want to go back to a version of the spread and now we're back at square one. This program can't survive that...

BINGO!!!  If CWT does not work. I can only wish that Leavitt returned to USF. I think USF still owes him a lot. And I am not sure if Leavitt would even consider coming back. So I think we are lost. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

CWT is trying to fit a round peg in to a square hole with this offense. It will never work here no matter how well he recruits. There is a reason other programs are turning away from it, where as we are turning towards it. If he gets fired after 3 years he will have recruited to this offense and another coach will come in and want to go back to a version of the spread and now we're back at square one. This program can't survive that...

BINGO!!!  If CWT does not work. I can only wish that Leavitt returned to USF. I think USF still owes him a lot. And I am not sure if Leavitt would even consider coming back. So I think we are lost.

That ship has sailed and there are plenty of coaches that can coach USF to wins. USF isn't rehiring anyone accused of physical abuse, who denied everything, who interfered with the investigation and who sued the school.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

White's a young kid and in a tough situation.  I don't get why we keep starting him. If Taggart is going to be stubborn and stick with White the rest of the season it may end up costing him his job which would be awful for the program.

As mentioned in another thread, go with Bench and eventually give Wilson a shot.     Flowers should be a running back.

Taggart will stick with White and this offense and will take everyone down in flames with him.

He was not mature enough as a coach to take over a program like USF

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

I THINK cwt can evaluate talent but nc state had much better players than usf

we need to judge cwt and usf after we play conference games

back to back games against the big boys just  reinforced we are an aac team(non p 5 team)

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Best way to find out is ask him if he thinks he is a good coach.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Best way to find out is ask him if he thinks he is a good coach.

Follow-up question: am I a **** for asking you that?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Can he evaluate talent? Yes. Most recruiting experts agree.

The real question is can he coach talent? I get less and less sure with each passing game.

Perfectly stated.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

He's certainly built like one and, well....throws like one.