• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Taggart evaluate talent?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Actually he can evaluate talent. The staff is consistently ahead of other schools in recognizing and offering players. However, the evaluation is simply whether the player projects to be a starter/contributor on the team.

As far as evaluating talent on the team, the evaluation is not whether the kid gets an offer or not which is a binary consideration. It's which of these kids is going to play because someone has to play. The choice is White (bad choice), Bench (bad choice) and Flowers (bad choice). I can't believe he thinks White is the best of those options, but he is out there and presumably believes White is the best of bad options as opposed to him thinking White is actually good.

How can your leave a guy on the feild passing for 25%?

May as well not play a QB, put in an extra blocker and snap directly to the RB. That is how bad and predictable this offense is, but at least an extra blocker may help the run.

Uh huh. Bench was almost as bad last week, and Flowers came in and was 1-4 with TWO ints. Sanjay is spot on...we have no decent QBs, period.
And who is responsible for that?

Flowers is the only really true Cwt recruit so if this is his guy he needs to play him the rest of the season no matter how bad we are, the season is still young.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Can he evaluate talent? Yes. Most recruiting experts agree.

The real question is can he coach talent? I get less and less sure with each passing game.

Can he evaluate talent? Yes. Most recruiting experts agree.

The real question is can he coach talent? I get less and less sure with each passing game.

Every game White has gotten worse seems the answer so far is no.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Then alter the play calls for the ability of your team. Stop trying drop back and throw the ball 10 or more yards downfield. As a team we have not shown any ability, in 15 games, to do so. No reason we can't run quick, short throws just to get the ball to Adams or Welch or Mack or Price or Mcfarland. Even if is behind the line of scrimmage it gets the ball in their hands in space. Worst case scenario it stretches the DL horizontally and helps open the running lanes.

Better than incompletes 12 yards down the fiels because the line can't block, the receivers can't catch and the QB can't deliver a perfect pass.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Then alter the play calls for the ability of your team. Stop trying drop back and throw the ball 10 or more yards downfield. As a team we have not shown any ability, in 15 games, to do so. No reason we can't run quick, short throws just to get the ball to Adams or Welch or Mack or Price or Mcfarland. Even if is behind the line of scrimmage it gets the ball in their hands in space. Worst case scenario it stretches the DL horizontally and helps open the running lanes.

Better than incompletes 12 yards down the fiels because the line can't block, the receivers can't catch and the QB can't deliver a perfect pass.

Sounds like you want to run the Holtz offense.  That won't be too popular around these boards.

It could be just White. That's why I want to see more of Bench, and eventually Flowers. We haven't seen enough of either of those guys to really make the call on them. Not fair to judge Bench too harshly until he is treated like a starter.

Let's give Bench first team reps and two starts over the next couple weeks and see what happens. I can't imagine it being worse than what we saw today.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

It could be just White. That's why I want to see more of Bench, and eventually Flowers. We haven't seen enough of either of those guys to really make the call on them. Not fair to judge Bench too harshly until he is treated like a starter.

Let's give Bench first team reps and two starts over the next couple weeks and see what happens. I can't imagine it being worse than what we saw today.

Taggart hates Bench. White will start the rest of the season.

I have no reason to discount this.  But if that's the case, and all remains the same, Taggart should be fired immediately following the final game. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I agree with both of you.

Personally I want to see Bench given the chance to prove to everyone he's worse than White.

That's what I think he needs to do to not be given the starter role. At this point my default evaluation is that for whatever reason, mental, physical, emotional White is not viable and the others need a fair shot at the job.

I also agree that for some reason Taggart does hate Bench and he will not deviate from White.

I agree Bench atleast moves offense some and should be given a few starts.

I am over White...he is Eveld 2.0