• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Taggart evaluate talent?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

As Coach Herm Edwards said in that montage of NFL rants, the purpose of playing games is to WIN. Put Bench in.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The problem I have with White is that White hasn't shown he deserves to remain starter.

Most coaches pull players that play badly, especially the QB. Taggart refuses.

Sure Bench hasn't made a great case for himself but White has had every chance and fails every time.

Bench has had just as many chances and has failed.

We've been through this all week.  Bench has barely had 1/4 of the opportunities given to White and the offense has performed at least as well but probably better.

Please cite me statistics that show Bench has had "as many chances".

White has 218 attempts passing.

Bench has 101.

hardly 1/4 of the opportunities.

fact is our QB situation stinks and going to Bench will not help as has been proven on more than 1 occasion.

218 to 101 is "just as many chances"?

8 starts vs 2 starts is "just as many chances"?

Edited by ShadowBull

The problem I have with White is that White hasn't shown he deserves to remain starter.

Most coaches pull players that play badly, especially the QB. Taggart refuses.

Sure Bench hasn't made a great case for himself but White has had every chance and fails every time.

Bench has had just as many chances and has failed.

We've been through this all week.  Bench has barely had 1/4 of the opportunities given to White and the offense has performed at least as well but probably better.

Please cite me statistics that show Bench has had "as many chances".

It's kind of funny that Bull94 has chosen this point to finally go quiet on. 

NAME               CMP    ATT    YDS    CMP%        YDS/A            TD   INT   RAT 
Mike White         14       43      275     32.6           6.40              1      1      89.3 

Steven Bench    15        37      172     40.5           4.65               0      1     74.2 

6 more attempts. Personally, I'd like to see Bench get more time because he's more like what I've been accustomed to watching at that position back in the good times ... but he had a great chance to prove himself ON THE FIELD in the 4th quarter of the Md game and he made 2 boneheaded decisions to effectively wipe out any small chance we may have had to pull that game out that may be playing into the coaches' decisions. 

This is your argument?

:facepalm:

Once again I will be rooting for White to show me something he has never shown. 

If/when he fails miserably once again, I'll be praying that Taggart comes to his senses.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

I got a chance to speak with Tags at an event just before the season and after he announced White as the starter.  Asked him how tough the decision was between the two.  He said it was really tough and the two were very close.  So if one of them fractures a wrist and they were that close, why wouldn't you start the other.

I've said it before and will repeat it here. I believe that after pulling Floyd, the guy he named starter after preseason competition, after one half last year that he is sticking to White out of principle.  Changing QBs after one game would be admitting that he screwed this up again so is determined to stick with White as long as he can. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I got a chance to speak with Tags at an event just before the season and after he announced White as the starter. Asked him how tough the decision was between the two. He said it was really tough and the two were very close. So if one of them fractures a wrist and they were that close, why wouldn't you start the other.

I've said it before and will repeat it here. I believe that after pulling Floyd, the guy he named starter after preseason competition, after one half last year that he is sticking to White out of principle. Changing QBs after one game would be admitting that he screwed this up again so is determined to stick with White as long as he can.

Idjiot...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I got a chance to speak with Tags at an event just before the season and after he announced White as the starter. Asked him how tough the decision was between the two. He said it was really tough and the two were very close. So if one of them fractures a wrist and they were that close, why wouldn't you start the other.

I've said it before and will repeat it here. I believe that after pulling Floyd, the guy he named starter after preseason competition, after one half last year that he is sticking to White out of principle. Changing QBs after one game would be admitting that he screwed this up again so is determined to stick with White as long as he can.

Idjiot...

Stubborn!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Idjiot...

Stubborn!

His stubborness will cost him his job and set USF football back to the stone ages.  Very sad!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

Idjiot...

Stubborn!

His stubborness will cost him his job and set USF football back to the stone ages.  Very sad!

This is just a guess on my part.  Let's not take it as gospel.  But if the two were that close I don't see what else it could be.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Idjiot...

Stubborn!

This is just a guess on my part.  Let's not take it as gospel.  But if the two were that close I don't see what else it could be.

I was reffering more to his stubborness with the entire offensive system.  He is shoving the proverbial square peg in to the round hole and won't deviate.

The Stanford system will not work here.  We can't recruit enough talented linemen where we just line up and say to the opposing team, here we are and we're going to run it down your throat and you can't stop us.  There was a quote from him recently that basically alluded to that philosophy.  We have fast skill players in Florida.  We need to run a system that puts these players in space and let them do their thing.  Of course, we need a good QB who can run and throw and we had one in Grothe and Daniels.  Flowers would be perfect in this system, however he recruited him to a run a pro style offense.  Baffelling!  With this type of system you can get by with lesser talented linemen.

I