• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie cans Sheridan and Wells

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I hope Taggart wasn't forced into firing them.  I hope he came to the conclusion on his own and can target some better guys.  Need recruiters first and foremost.

Couldn't have been forced to do it. I keep reading that the president and AD bear no responsibility for the state of the football program since they don't have day to day involvement so this would be out of character.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I hope Taggart wasn't forced into firing them. I hope he came to the conclusion on his own and can target some better guys. Need recruiters first and foremost.

Couldn't have been forced to do it. I keep reading that the president and AD bear no responsibility for the state of the football program since they don't have day to day involvement so this would be out of character.

Zing.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Hard to argue with the moves. However, seems like they're the scapegoats for Taggart's baby being a complete train wreck.. Hopefully we bring in an experienced Offensive Coordinator who calls the plays. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

OLine I can definitely understand.  OC doesn't make too much sense, we all know that CWT is the OC.  Sounds like the ideal scenario would be to bring in a good, experienced OLine coach and give him the title of OC to increase the salary for the position.

It's easy to make an argument on either side of good or bad.  Sounds like he's found scapegoats for the offense, but if it was coaching issues that should point at CWT.  It's his scheme and he's in charge of the coaching.  At any rate, he better #dosomething better when he hires replacements.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

He fired the OC in name only.  Taggart calls the plays.  For all intents and purposes Taggart is the OC.  The person with the title OC gets a bullet point on his resume.

Taggart fired the QB and OL coaches.  The OL play was bad.  It makes sense.  As for QB, I don't think there was much to work with.  Maybe Taggart has a more effective recruiter in mind.  Sheridan has been around him for a while.  So, Taggart knows what he's got in Sheridan and thought better to get someone else in.  Hopefully someone that can bring in a QB. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I hope Taggart wasn't forced into firing them.  I hope he came to the conclusion on his own and can target some better guys.  Need recruiters first and foremost.

It's not like this decision required much by way of discretion or football knowledge.  Our offense was literally among the worst in college football.  So, it could still be true that the president and the AD are mostly hands off - EXCEPT in cases like this one, where even my grandmother can identify the problem.  Could also be that big donors contacted the president and the AD, who then contacted CWT... you know, the "it" rolls down hill phenomenon.

In a way, I'd like it if someone other than CWT stepped in, because it shows that someone other than CWT and the members of this board cares.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

He fired the OC in name only.  Taggart calls the plays.  For all intents and purposes Taggart is the OC.  The person with the title OC gets a bullet point on his resume.

Taggart fired the QB and OL coaches.  The OL play was bad.  It makes sense.  As for QB, I don't think there was much to work with.  Maybe Taggart has a more effective recruiter in mind.  Sheridan has been around him for a while.  So, Taggart knows what he's got in Sheridan and thought better to get someone else in.  Hopefully someone that can bring in a QB.

Maybe Taggart should relinquish play calling duties and turn it over to the OC.

Don't think it's going to happen.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I heard that CWT will be interviewing all the experts on TBP to fill the vacant positions.

Pretty sure I submitted my resume first.  I have better qualifications than anyone here ...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I couldnt even comprehend the hire of sheridan...

Glad Willie proves that he'll make the necessary moves.