• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie cans Sheridan and Wells

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Are we really arguing whether a power run game can succeed? And proof that it cannot is Stanford that has gone 46-8 the last 4 years with 4 straight BCS bowl appearances (2-2) and 2 conference titles and Alabama that has gone 46-7 the last 4 years and has 2 national titles? Seriously? The offense can work. Now can we get sufficient quality linemen to win here with that? Well we will see.
We don't have the level of Stanford's coaching or recruiting. We do have the same level recruiting and coaching as say, UCF. What do they run?
1- we don't have to recruit at Stanford levels to win our conference. 2- we ran the spread plenty in losing to Rutgers year after year.. Or UConn... Or Pitt... All of whom ran power run. 3- I don't want to run the power run game, but to argue it cannot win in college is stupid.
1. Who wants USF to stay at this level? 2. I am saying it's become,less effective. Ways to beat it are emerging 3. Football evolves.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

Spread offenses get stuffed too champ that's what you don't get. It's not what offense you run its about executing your offense.

I like simplifying things but so much more to football than just executing on offense.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

UCF runs some multiple formation power run offense. I know some will disagree but you can see they want to run the ball first. They just run it from every formation.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

1. Who wants USF to stay at this level?

I wouldn't mind being at UCF's level, and they sure as hell didn't come close to out recruiting Stanford. Or Boise State in recent years.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Prepare to go on ignore at any moment now, Dozer.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Prepare to go on ignore at any moment now, Dozer.

he probably already was :D

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

my dream would be to get some 49ers assistants that know that scheme really well.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

1. Who wants USF to stay at this level?

I wouldn't mind being at UCF's level, and they sure as hell didn't come close to out recruiting Stanford. Or Boise State in recent years.

Or by using the power run.

UCF runs some multiple formation power run offense. I know some will disagree but you can see they want to run the ball first. They just run it from every formation.
The Fiesta bowl saw Bortles run more than they did all year, they commented on it, but he was doing it from spread formations much of the time and sometimes as an option. For the year they threw for 1600 more yards than ran.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

I don't disagree. I'm just saying they would run from under center and pistol looks too. If you look at the numbers from the fiesta they ran 44 times and passed 31. Their first two drives they threw like twice. However, they did operate from the spread the majority of the time.