• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie cans Sheridan and Wells

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Good to know Willie practices the same accountability for staff that he does for players.

This.

Good to see some consequences for the piss poor results. Makes me feel optimistic but probably only because there's nothing to feel good about right now.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

There is pretty good talent in Gainesville, look what the pro style run first offense did for them... Fired their OC and hired a more up-tempo OC from a divisional champ.

I'm am tired of hearing bulls fans compare us to Stanford...we are more like Florida than Stanford. Stanford still has their OC.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Reading back...

Why bring up UCF in this thread? Or Oregon and Stanford for that matter? I would think this has more to do with the accountability thats been lacking around here than offensive philosophy. It comes with the responsibility of driving the bus.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

There is pretty good talent in Gainesville, look what the pro style run first offense did for them... Fired their OC and hired a more up-tempo OC from a divisional champ. I'm am tired of hearing bulls fans compare us to Stanford...we are more like Florida than Stanford. Stanford still has their OC.
Tebow FL? Or FL with some of the fastest rbs in cf? Or 4-8 Gators of this year?

Reading back... Why bring up UCF in this thread? Or Oregon and Stanford for that matter? I would think this has more to do with the accountability thats been lacking around here than offensive philosophy. It comes with the responsibility of driving the bus.
Successful teams. Trying to find something that works. It's an internet board. Looking at what works and thinking what's possible in Tampa. Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Let's hope after witnessing the fate of the best run based offenses in cf bowl games this year he's hiring new staff that know the Spread inside and out.

Not happening.

Yeah, not a chance in hell

A run based offense can't compete with a quick flowing spread like OU's. Wear the defense right down with no huddle, score so many times the run based offense can't keep up.

Another crappy year and Taggart is gone. USF can't wait for a total rebuild. It's too crucial a time.

Doubtful ...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

There is pretty good talent in Gainesville, look what the pro style run first offense did for them... Fired their OC and hired a more up-tempo OC from a divisional champ.

I'm am tired of hearing bulls fans compare us to Stanford...we are more like Florida than Stanford. Stanford still has their OC.

Tebow FL? Or FL with some of the fastest rbs in cf? Or 4-8 Gators of this year?

Muschamp gators, 4-8 this year, home loss to Georgia Southern. Stinky 1st year, lucky 2nd year which played out with embarrassing loss to UL, and this year OC gets fired and now they are going to run an uptempo but 'balanced offense'.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's over. This team is a train wreck. Firing coordinators after one year

No need to panic.  It's not like Taggart fired the real OC.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's over. This team is a train wreck. Firing coordinators after one year

No need to panic.  It's not like Taggart fired the real OC.

+1 He effectively fired two position coaches; OL and QB

Let's hope after witnessing the fate of the best run based offenses in cf bowl games this year he's hiring new staff that know the Spread inside and out.

Not happening.

Yeah, not a chance in hell

A run based offense can't compete with a quick flowing spread like OU's. Wear the defense right down with no huddle, score so many times the run based offense can't keep up.

Another crappy year and Taggart is gone. USF can't wait for a total rebuild. It's too crucial a time.

Doubtful ...

Normally, I'd agree. I base it on the fact that USF has a more fragile fan base than most mid majors. Another 2 win season and home game attendance will look like closed practices. A big name coach is the kind of excitement that gets butts in seats initially and winning keeps them. They will have to do something if the team isn't at least looking like its turned around in conference play.