• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie cans Sheridan and Wells

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

I actually think Chuck Bresnahan should be the Head coach. It's amazing what he has done and how those kids play for him. He is a pretty good with interviews too. Willie Taggart should just be the OC/ QB's coach. Save some money USF. Do nothing.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

I actually think Chuck Bresnahan should be the Head coach. It's amazing what he has done and how those kids play for him. He is a pretty good with interviews too. Willie Taggart should just be the OC/ QB's coach. Save some money USF. Do nothing.

Chuck was pretty solid, no doubt about it. I'd need to see another good year out of him, though. Wouldn't mind throwing some more money at Cooper, either.

Realistically, though, Taggart would probably resign rather than lose out to one of his subordinates. Probably look for a coordinator position at a P5 school that needs to recruit Florida. Anyways, I'd imagine that keeping him on staff would probably cause some divisiveness in the locker room and/or hurt his standing among our recruits.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I just have a feeling this sudden move is going to lead to a lot more issues. Why not can then a few weeks ago ?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I just have a feeling this sudden move is going to lead to a lot more issues. Why not can then a few weeks ago ?

Maybe, Christmas season.  Why ruin someone's holidays if they have a contract that pays them to the end of the year anyway?  Just let them have a decent holiday with their family and then make the change when it comes time to renew their contract. Just as likely, he was prevented by the AD from paying two pairs of coaches at the same time because athletics money is so tight on Fowler Ave right now.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I thought i read somewhere that their contracts expired on the 31st.  If not that maybe waiting till after the holidays?  Also, from everything I've read through this recruiting cycle Wells is the only one of the two that I've heard linked to a recruit through interviews with the recruits themselves and that was only one player. That's at least one issue that should be avoided.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Let's hope after witnessing the fate of the best run based offenses in cf bowl games this year he's hiring new staff that know the Spread inside and out.

Not happening.

Yeah, not a chance in hell

A run based offense can't compete with a quick flowing spread like OU's. Wear the defense right down with no huddle, score so many times the run based offense can't keep up.

Another crappy year and Taggart is gone. USF can't wait for a total rebuild. It's too crucial a time.

Doubtful ...

Normally, I'd agree. I base it on the fact that USF has a more fragile fan base than most mid majors. Another 2 win season and home game attendance will look like closed practices. A big name coach is the kind of excitement that gets butts in seats initially and winning keeps them. They will have to do something if the team isn't at least looking like its turned around in conference play.

Skip 3 years, CWT 2 years ... I just don't think you'd attract that much interest from decent candidates with that recent track record. I did say "doubtful" because if next year looks like this one, it's definitely a possibility, though.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Maybe, Christmas season. Why ruin someone's holidays if they have a contract that pays them to the end of the year anyway? Just let them have a decent holiday with their family and then make the change when it comes time to renew their contract. Just as likely, he was prevented by the AD from paying two pairs of coaches at the same time because athletics money is so tight on Fowler Ave right now.

You just announce, we're not renewing their contracts. The end. If it had anything to do with the holidays it would be worse

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Maybe those guys wanted to interview elsewhere? Maybe cwt went back through the year and realized these guys were worse than he thought?

Maybe some names of possible replacements became known that were not previously thought available?

Could be a million things.

However, can them early, can them after signing day, don't can them at all.. we would have ******** on here whatever was done. Because we were 2-10.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I thought i read somewhere that their contracts expired on the 31st.  If not that maybe waiting till after the holidays?  Also, from everything I've read through this recruiting cycle Wells is the only one of the two that I've heard linked to a recruit through interviews with the recruits themselves and that was only one player. That's at least one issue that should be avoided.

The contracts did end on December 31.