• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS mention - St. Pete Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The spokeswoman's comments are in the present tense.  All that means as that as of the time she spoke those words, there were no architects and decision-makers hunched over blue prints preparing the initial stages of an OCS.

Do they have some rough plans?  Absolutely.  Do they already have a specific location?  Absolutely.  Are they going to let everyone in on what they know?  Absolutely not.  The spokeswoman herself probably has no idea what's going on in that regard.  

What the spokeswoman said today means nothing.  

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Not happening.   This is one County Commish looking out for his constituents.  Nothing more folks.  

This doesn't serve the Rays or the Bulls.  The Rays issue is location of the stadium( its in St Pete ) far away from the Population center esp during rush hour.  Its a nightmare for people in North Tampa, Brandon, Clw, Lakeland ect... to hit Rays games without an hour or more drive.   Now turn it around, put it in Sulpher Springs, you do nothing to increase attendance, You now make it futher for St Pete, Clw,  people to drive.   I cant see the Rays moving from one Ghetto to another just to have  a free stadium that NO ONE will go to.

Best location for the Rays is Channel side to go with what Baseball likes (walkable stadiums in downtowns) or at the fair grounds ,  Infrastructure is already in place with I-4 AND 75.  It would also increase make it easier for people in Lakeland ,Orlando ect... to come to Rays games.  It doesn't add any distance for Sarasota Bradenton ect...    Only St Pete and Clw would have more of a drive. 

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

what a waste of time.

IF the Rays get a new stadium, and that is a big IF- the stadium will be in downtown Tampa. 

The fact that Crist is trying to lump the Bulls into this Rays stadium discussion is laughable.  He has these pipe dreams of developing these blighted communities and some how turning them into a pot of gold.  it aint happening.

look at BayWalk.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

On campus or bust... what good is moving out of a stadium that is 15 miles from campus in the ghetto, and into a stadium that is 7 miles from campus and in a worse ghetto?

I'm all for getting out of Rutgers Stadium but this is not the answer. How about the Rays move their stadium to the ghetto west of USF and call it even.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

We all unanimously agree on this topic. Tampa has terrible urban planning. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

LOL, Rick Vaughn is a Rays spokesman? WILD THING!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

LOL, Rick Vaughn is a Rays spokesman? WILD THING!

charlie-sheen-major-league-winning.jpg

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't mind a baseball and football stadium that's connected like our baseball and softball stadiums on campus. There could be 2 separate fields opposite of each other, but the entrance, walkways, bathrooms, concessions, etc... would be connected. I hate multi-purpose stadiums, they look bushleague.

Not in favor of moving USF to a different off campus stadium but Aloha Stadium shows that multi- purpose stadiums do not have to be bush league.

Go to http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/AlohaStadium.html#place to see the baseball and football configurations. Seats 50,000 too so its about the right size. A duplicate of that stadium makes some sense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Some of you need to calm down and take a breath.  This was just a comment from a politician trying to rehab a bad area.  Doesn't mean USF is looking at doing it;  they pretty much said they weren't.  Personally, it would be 35 minutes closer than the Trop and I would like to see the Rays there.  But USF won't be part of it and the chances of the Rays ending up there are minute.  But glad to see that you are concerned about the waste of our donations.  This is like predicting a 12-0 season.  Neither is happening.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

A USF spokeswoman said the Bulls, who play at Raymond James, aren't in the market for a new home.

"We don't have any current plans to build a stadium," said USF spokeswoman Lara Wade. "We're definitely not looking at any specific locations."

Huge fail. Leadership isn't even planning for it? 100% leadership failure, pure and simple. 

Excellent strategy to generate donations. If I'm a donor, and I see this, what's the point. Good lord I love this program but I hate the way they do things sometimes.

:facepalm:

• Downvote 1