• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS mention - St. Pete Times

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can't we just get one of these I mean a high school did why can't we? Allen_Stadium_009.jpg

We probably could.  However, our fans would hate it and it would be less appealing to recruits.  That's worse than what UCF has.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

USF will not build a ghetto stadium. Doug Woolard went on record saying when we DO build one, it will mimic Minnesota's new stadium.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

The dog track site is a really bad idea for a stadium.  I agree OCS (and not at the mall) or don't build at all.  Isn't there some new soccer team starting with MLS aspirations.  Maybe build a joint stadium with them on campus.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The dog track site is a really bad idea for a stadium.  I agree OCS (and not at the mall) or don't build at all.  Isn't there some new soccer team starting with MLS aspirations.  Maybe build a joint stadium with them on campus.

Isn't that team in Orlando?

• Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Isn't that team in Orlando?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/new-pro-soccer-team-to-announce-stadium-plans-in-tampa/1263897

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Here's Lara Wade's information so we can assist her in getting the OCS in her/USF's thought process.

Lara Wade, Media/Public Affairs Manager 
Main: 813-974-9060
Cell: 813-833-1498 
larawade@usf.edu

Please don't hesitate to contact her. We have to build this one step at a time.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Email sent

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't mind a baseball and football stadium that's connected like our baseball and softball stadiums on campus. There could be 2 separate fields opposite of each other, but the entrance, walkways, bathrooms, concessions, etc... would be connected. I hate multi-purpose stadiums, they look bushleague.

Not in favor of moving USF to a different off campus stadium but Aloha Stadium shows that multi- purpose stadiums do not have to be bush league.

Go to http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/AlohaStadium.html#place to see the baseball and football configurations. Seats 50,000 too so its about the right size. A duplicate of that stadium makes some sense.

That stadium, with what must be moveable stands is pretty cool. That would work, but I can't see the Rays wanting to be on campus--makes no sense--and I can't see why USF would want to be in a different Off Campus Community stadium than the one we're in now.

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Actually the quote from Lara Wade is technically correct, but literally incorrect. The OCS is currently in the long-term plan for the university, but until a certain amount of funds are raised, there will be no official 'plan' for building it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Actually the quote from Lara Wade is technically correct, but literally incorrect. The OCS is currently in the long-term plan for the university, but until a certain amount of funds are raised, there will be no official 'plan' for building it.

Which is NOT what this board wants to hear! We want to hear that it's the numero uno priority for the University and that the Put That Thang Together committee is meeting on a weekly basis to ensure that OCS is front and center of all else. We're just not down with interpretation. We are exceptionally literal in our parsing of statements from Fowler Ave.

• Upvote 1