• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Assuming he does, indeed, already have an offer in hand from USF, it seems clear to me that he doesn't want to be here.  

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

I would love to have his talent, but I don't like how we're being treated. I feel like we're the last girl at the bar at 3 in the morning. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

I would love to have his talent, but I don't like how we're being treated. I feel like we're the last girl at the bar at 3 in the morning. 

How do we know how we're being treated?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

After he left Arkansas State, Dyer's phone didn't ring much. But last October, USA Today's George Schroeder published a long and vivid story about Dyer's life at Arkansas Baptist. Colleges began to offer scholarships. Dyer has picked one — a big, D-I school, he said, where he can play starting next month. "It's a school where he can replicate and duplicate," said Hill.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9505721/michael-dyer-aaron-hernandez-red-flags-sports

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

After he left Arkansas State, Dyer's phone didn't ring much. But last October, USA Today's George Schroeder published a long and vivid story about Dyer's life at Arkansas Baptist. Colleges began to offer scholarships. Dyer has picked one — a big, D-I school, he said, where he can play starting next month. "It's a school where he can replicate and duplicate," said Hill.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9505721/michael-dyer-aaron-hernandez-red-flags-sports

Very interesting .... Question is, are we a "big, D-1 school" to whoever used that term?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If I were Dyer I would wait until the last minute I could to make my decision as well.

Has the President of Arkansas Baptist come out and publicly endorsed any other school as he did USF?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

Very interesting .... Question is, are we a "big, D-1 school" to whoever used that term?

Not basing this on anything other than the articles, it just feels like Louisville.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,310
  • Days Won:  10

Sad we could not reel him in.   I make you a bet, our future of AAC conference was a factor.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Sad we could not reel him in.   I make you a bet, our future of AAC conference was a factor.

Probably not consierding he's only going to play 1 year. if I had to guess, it's because they are a national championship contender with a heisman hopefuly QB. Strong is a great coach also...there's just more hype, recognition and TV appeal at UL. If he does choose them, I wouldn't blame him.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

While I think it will end up being the VIlle, I doubt the AAC was that much of a factor.  Dyer has at max 2 years left (1 of which is in the AAC no matter what), and could very likely be a one and done and onto the NFL.  I think thats likely whats weighing his decision more.  If I think I only have to keep it straight and narrow for one year, then I'm going to the school that will give me the most exposure for the NFL and be the best bet for me to succeed, and unfortunately this year that is definitely Louisville.