• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Do we even know for sure if Taggart wants him and would be able to bring him in?

We do not. All we know is that he was on campus with Taggs.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Do we even know for sure if Taggart wants him and would be able to bring him in?

We do not. All we know is that he was on campus with Taggs.

And Taggert called up Arkansas Baptist's president.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

What would be nice is if a moderator would delete posts by users that are nothing more than personal attacks and have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread. I love the fact that there are more Bulls fans on here than ever before, but these boards have become increasingly uncivilized and sophomoric. It gets really annoying when you log on hoping to see updated news on a topic and instead you are greeted with an internet pissing match. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

What would be nice is if a moderator would delete posts by users that are nothing more than personal attacks and have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread. I love the fact that there are more Bulls fans on here than ever before, but these boards have become increasingly uncivilized and sophomoric. It gets really annoying when you log on hoping to see updated news on a topic and instead you are greeted with an internet pissing match. 

You must be new to this particular board. First, we don't really like to outright censor, deleting posts. On this board, the yammering is being moved to this thread http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/82094-football-off-topic/   for the exact reason you expressed.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

That's fine. It isn't that I am new to the board, it is simply that prior to the last few months there wasn't quite the degree of hostility and personal attacks flooding and taking over just about every topic. It is the same 4 or 5 offenders every time. I'm not looking for true censorship, just some semblance of a connection between the original topic and the posts. 

As for Dyer, it will be interesting to see what happens with him. You would think he wouldn't want to waste another minute and would need to be learning the offense already. I know he has a proven track record, but the sooner he lands somewhere the better. 

It leads me to believe that he is quietly awaiting acceptance somewhere (U of L or USF) in order not to alienate the other borderline offers he had on the table (WKU). 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I suppose one possibility with Dyer is that despite all of the rumors he hasn't been offered by either school (USF or UofL), in which case he's going to have to join an FCS school unless he can convince someone else at the FBS level to let him in.  That would at least explain the delay. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

+1 on that !

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Posted Today, 01:59 PM

Guess those 247 insiders ain't always right, huh?

RT @jdemling Strong just said "no new members of my program" right now. Was asked in a round-about way about Michael Dyer

ps. Strong didn't say "right now" That was added by one of the guys who was wrong originally. Soften the blow a bit I guess.

Edited by Bullwinkle, Today, 02:01 PM.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

Posted Today, 01:59 PM

Guess those 247 insiders ain't always right, huh?

RT @jdemling Strong just said "no new members of my program" right now. Was asked in a round-about way about Michael Dyer

ps. Strong didn't say "right now" That was added by one of the guys who was wrong originally. Soften the blow a bit I guess.

Edited by Bullwinkle, Today, 02:01 PM.

Definitely good news for us, however it's unclear whether Strong wasn't interested, the school shot it down, or maybe even something like a failed physical. Now I'd like to hear something from Taggert regarding his interest.