• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Louisville has a shockingly weak schedule this year.  Gotta give props to Woolard for putting together the quality schedule we have.

If this kid keeps his nose clean, he'll have the best possibility to start by playing for USF not the 'Ville.

That is the best argument for USF over the 'Ville.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

You could probably say this about Charlie Strong as well but Willie Taggart's recommendation carries weight in certain circles within the NFL. Not just from a talent standpoint but from a character standpoint. If Dyer came to South Florida and impressed Willie off the field to where he got Willie's recommendation, that would help him accomplish his #1 goal of rehabbing his reputation. Everyone knows the kid's got talent. The NFL doesn't currently think he's capable of keeping his nose clean.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

I'm still having trouble seeing why Louisville would want to take the chance on this kid. They already have talent at RB and are headed to a P5 conference. They have the team and schedule they need to have a shot at going undefeated this year and adding a wildcard like Dyer to the mix could hurt those chances.The risk doesn't outweigh the reward.

Edited by USF TD09

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm not surprised to see the buzz at Lville, and if I was Dyer, I'd lean that way, too...for my ONE & DONE season.  But if Lville really has reversed its position of passing on Dyer in early July (assuming THOSE sources were true), perhaps Lville did a 180 because they do NOT want Dyer coming to USF, knowing how it would elevate our team, and threaten their easy walk thru the AAC this year.  An NC run op will be this year.  After losing Teddy B and joining the ACC, life gets a lot tougher. 

So, Strong may be desperate, and convince the Lville brass that taking a 2nd look at a 3rd chance is needed to keep USF at arm's length.  Yes, I realize there's a heavy dose of homerism in this theory, but it's still quite plausible.

I been saying  the same thing for a while. I think it's the only reason he even got a sniff of UL the 2nd time around. We are the one place, they don't want MD to be.

Hilarious to think that UofL would be worried about USF.  We'd need 30 Dyers for them to begin to be concerned.

Yeah, like they weren't worried in the 4th qtr last year in the lowest point of out FB existence. Yeah, couldn't happen. Pretty hilarious that someone who has almost 11k posts on here still has this kind of mindset. Geez, who pissed in your cornflakes, Chumley? Can you spell 25-27?????

Seems like he is a contrarian for everything

People are around here are living in La La Land.  I keep things grounded in reality.  

Anyone that thinks Louisville is spending their offseason focused on USF is delusional.  Think what you want, but we are hardly at the top of their list of concerns.

That isn't being a contrarian, that is living in reality.  The football world does not revolve around USF.  Hopefully CWT can change that, but it will take time.

Data, the only way you make these arguments is by changing the premise, and adding hyperbole.  NO ONE suggested Lville spends their off season focused on USF.  It was suggested that Lville does NOT want to play AGAINST Dyer, and that it can do that by grabbing him, which ALSO bolstered their offense (tho' admittedly, with some potential chemistry concerns).

It's not that hard to follow, DB.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Not sure how much the player knows about the decision, but it certainly seems the buzz had him on campus, and believes Strong gets the green light to bring him in.

No point in fretting...if he comes here, great.  If not, I say we play the season anyway, just for grins.

Data, the only way you make these arguments is by changing the premise, and adding hyperbole.  NO ONE suggested Lville spends their off season focused on USF.  It was suggested that Lville does NOT want to play AGAINST Dyer, and that it can do that by grabbing him, which ALSO bolstered their offense (tho' admittedly, with some potential chemistry concerns).

It's not that hard to follow, DB.

Duh.  I completely understand the premise.  There aren't a lot of complex discussions on this board.

I'm saying that there is no way on earth Charlie Strong decides to bring in one kid with baggage just to avoid having to play against him.  You can't manage a program as large as a DI football team with that kind of thinking.  You bring in the kid if he fits with your program, can help your program, and you believe he will be a good soldier.

Only a stupid coach would bring someone in to avoid them going to a school on their schedule.  That is no way to run a program.  And Charlie Strong is anything but stupid.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with that. Avoiding having to play against Michael Dyer would rank VERY low amongst Charlie Strong's reasons for bringing Michael Dyer aboard at Louisville. Which means, it might be an idea that actually crosses his mind at some point, but it will probably be immediately dismissed as a reason to do it or not do it. He would focus on the right reasons.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The right reasons aren't enough to offer at this point. That's the point. It seems they are looking for reasons to bring him in. Pure speculation at its best. Please can we stop?