• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Let the kid decide where he wants to go and see if he has other opportunities.  

Agree.  I want him here, and to commit soon.  But, I respect that he has a right to eval & decide...as does USF.

We don't know if Lville has offered, or if he's in the process of awaiting USF Admissions revew.  We have a ton of speculation, which is fine. 

The good news is that he has to decide soon...so the waiting won't be much longer.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Personally I feel you lose your other RBs by waiting a week. The longer this plays out the less confident they will become. Especially if he doesn't come.

That reason alone is why I think Bench starts. Coach Taggart told the other QBs they weren't good enough by flirting with every QB out there. Would have been a disaster if we didn't land one. Every day Dyer sits on this our chances decrease IMO and every day we play the waiting game our other RBs will question themselves. I don't care how good or confident you are if your partner(coach) starts flirting with someone else(Dyer) right in front of your face its going to affect you. And Dyer is using us for a better offer. 2 weeks ago he was toxic minus WKU and Marshall. Now he gets a decent offer and we're not good enough...

He wouldn't even still be playing when they started. How would this affect them. That's just crazy talk.

So if UL decides to flip its course and offer next week and Dyer jumps at it as its been reported by Schad that he will then no one has to run the ball this year?

I've seen something like this happen with 2 of my friends growing up. They attended UW both could have went anywhere and both became starters by their JR year. One had a transfer come in and felt slighted he transferred out the other was a starter for 2 years felt his job was safe got a stinger in camp and had to miss the first game. He was about to cone back but his replacement was doing ok the coaches pushed it off and he decided he no longer needed to play football.

I get where yall are coming from but not everyone feels that way. You think Shaw doesn't feel entitled to RB1? And if/when(again IMO how long this has drug out it is when) Dyer goes somewhere else then Taggart has to come back and pretend like he was good enough all along. That's where this drawing out hurts us not if he comes but when he doesn't.

Shaw has done absolutely nothing in four years to feel entitled to anything.

I'm not surprised to see the buzz at Lville, and if I was Dyer, I'd lean that way, too...for my ONE & DONE season.  But if Lville really has reversed its position of passing on Dyer in early July (assuming THOSE sources were true), perhaps Lville did a 180 because they do NOT want Dyer coming to USF, knowing how it would elevate our team, and threaten their easy walk thru the AAC this year.  An NC run op will be this year.  After losing Teddy B and joining the ACC, life gets a lot tougher. 

So, Strong may be desperate, and convince the Lville brass that taking a 2nd look at a 3rd chance is needed to keep USF at arm's length.  Yes, I realize there's a heavy dose of homerism in this theory, but it's still quite plausible.

I been saying  the same thing for a while. I think it's the only reason he even got a sniff of UL the 2nd time around. We are the one place, they don't want MD to be.

Hilarious to think that UofL would be worried about USF.  We'd need 30 Dyers for them to begin to be concerned.

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm not surprised to see the buzz at Lville, and if I was Dyer, I'd lean that way, too...for my ONE & DONE season.  But if Lville really has reversed its position of passing on Dyer in early July (assuming THOSE sources were true), perhaps Lville did a 180 because they do NOT want Dyer coming to USF, knowing how it would elevate our team, and threaten their easy walk thru the AAC this year.  An NC run op will be this year.  After losing Teddy B and joining the ACC, life gets a lot tougher. 

So, Strong may be desperate, and convince the Lville brass that taking a 2nd look at a 3rd chance is needed to keep USF at arm's length.  Yes, I realize there's a heavy dose of homerism in this theory, but it's still quite plausible.

I been saying  the same thing for a while. I think it's the only reason he even got a sniff of UL the 2nd time around. We are the one place, they don't want MD to be.

Hilarious to think that UofL would be worried about USF.  We'd need 30 Dyers for them to begin to be concerned.

Yeah, like they weren't worried in the 4th qtr last year in the lowest point of out FB existence. Yeah, couldn't happen. Pretty hilarious that someone who has almost 11k posts on here still has this kind of mindset. Geez, who pissed in your cornflakes, Chumley? Can you spell 25-27?????
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Come Monday, pull the offer.

Thanks for playing kid, really hope UL offers you. If not, have fun working at Burger King.

As of right now, he has ONE fbs offer, ours. This kid does not hold the cards, we do. If he doesn't want to be here, **** him.

What does that do for you?

This guy is potentially a game changing addition.

You are not negotiating an NFL contract with another all star player waiting in line to sign.

There is pretty much a deadline in place with the start of camp. I really don't see what an ultimatum does for you in this case.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Come Monday, pull the offer.

Thanks for playing kid, really hope UL offers you. If not, have fun working at Burger King.

As of right now, he has ONE fbs offer, ours. This kid does not hold the cards, we do. If he doesn't want to be here, **** him.

What does that do for you?

This guy is potentially a game changing addition.

You are not negotiating an NFL contract with another all star player waiting in line to sign.

There is pretty much a deadline in place with the start of camp. I really don't see what an ultimatum does for you in this case.

+1, you don't pull the offer.  Getting this guy would be a bonus and unexpected.  Give him the time he needs to make his decision. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

REALLY?  Maybe you were in a self-induced coma last year, but Lville beat us by 2 points, on a late TD.  Yeah...we're MILES away from competing with Lville.  What WAS I thinking?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

One thing about Louisville, they are already loaded at RB. If Dyer goes to UL, who does Strong and the OC take carries away from? Dominique Brown who will probably considered one of, if not the best back in the league if he comes back healthy or Perry who had about 750 yards splitting carries last year.

You can never have enough talent. But there is only one football and so many plays to go around.

If Dyer, or even one of the other backs was a younger player it would be easier to bring him in. In their situation, bringing a guy like Dyer in would do nothing but create some chaos in the locker room and break up some chemistry.

I still think, on paper, he would bring them up a notch, but in reality I think it creates more of a mess for both parties.

He has a huge opportunity at USF

Yeah, like they weren't worried in the 4th qtr last year in the lowest point of out FB existence. Yeah, couldn't happen. Pretty hilarious that someone who has almost 11k posts on here still has this kind of mindset. Geez, who pissed in your cornflakes, Chumley? Can you spell 25-27?????

Seems like he is a contrarian for everything

People are around here are living in La La Land.  I keep things grounded in reality.  

Anyone that thinks Louisville is spending their offseason focused on USF is delusional.  Think what you want, but we are hardly at the top of their list of concerns.

That isn't being a contrarian, that is living in reality.  The football world does not revolve around USF.  Hopefully CWT can change that, but it will take time.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If this kid keeps his nose clean, he'll have the best possibility to start by playing for USF not the 'Ville.