• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Dyer- RB from Auburn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

not sure if this has been posted yet.......interesting article

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9505721/michael-dyer-aaron-hernandez-red-flags-sports

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I don't see how it is a slight or a disadvantage for USF to offer and not pull him in. We were not even expecting his transfer as a possibility until recently. Would he be a boost? probably, but the end all be all of USF football? nope. Hope he comes here, but if not GL on turning his life in the right direction. He is just one piece to a much larger puzzle and I think we have got an under the radar Coach that is going to blow up along with USF football. These are going to be an exciting next 4 years. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Would like to have him but he is not make or break for Taggart's program.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

No, but it's one more shot at USF. One more spurn. One more time that we got "small timed" by someone.

Coach T has been quoted numerous times saying he wants kids who WANT to play at USF. As soon as this kid left us out to dry and flirted with UL, Coach T should have stuck to his guns and pulled the rug.

We don't want people who don't want us, period.

Hem, You really need to stop being so ******* sensitive about stuff like this .... If he goes to L'ville, nobody outside thin skinned USF fans will give a rat's ass that he supposedly had an invite from us. I'd be disappointed as hell if CWT showed butt hurt and pulled the offer, if it was there, just because Dyer kept exploring options ... Do we pull Bayes' offer because he's still talking to other schools??

I wouldn't chalk it up to sensitivity, I'd chalk it up to sticking to your guns like I said before.

130 HS Recruits are different from a transfer. Jimmy Bayes is a poor example, that kid loves USF. I'd say it would be more like a kid whos only offer is USF, but doesnt want to come here.

It's nice that we are in the running for him, but for people to say Dyer barely had a shot to play college ball again...and after we offer the kid gets picky, just doesn't sit right with me.

Also, don't ever take what I say on a message board, heck or even in person, seriously. I use this forum as an entertainment outlet while I write cases.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Michael Dyer's uncle, Andre Dryer, who is raising Michael, I'm pretty sure played football at the Univ of Central Arkansas same school Coach Charlie Strong played at.  Uncle Andre might be pushing some for Louisville because of all the Arkansas connections with Strong.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Put this on the thread in the main forum too...idk why there's two now but hey, whatev.

-------------------------

Here's another side to your "Big D-I" school comment pulled from a tweet:

In regards to Michael Dyer use of "big time D1 program" refer to paragraph 4, we hear this all the time at USF http://t.co/QHylJoMfk9

Paragraph 4:
"One thing we're not going to do anymore is sit around and think we're just the little guys on the block, and everyone can just hit us upside our heads. We're not doing that anymore. We're big-time, too. We're a big-time program and that's going to be our mentality. ... We're committed to winning now, and we fear no one."

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Just curious, but are we certain Taggart even offered Dyer?

Either way, we play on, but it'd be nice to close this thread either way, sooner rather than later, by virtue of having an answer.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

Just curious, but are we certain Taggart even offered Dyer?

Either way, we play on, but it'd be nice to close this thread either way, sooner rather than later, by virtue of having an answer.

I don't think we know much for certain right now other than the fact that Dyer visited and CWT had a conversation with the president of his last university, but I think the general consensus is that Dyer probably has an offer to USF but is holding out to see if Louisville will offer.

We also know that he wants to stay closer to home, so even if he does choose Louisville I wouldn't necessarily take it as a shot against USF.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Any time you can bring in a talented RB it's great, but I don't see this happening.  Hope I'm wrong.