• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard: USF Serious About an On-Campus Football Stadium Now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

With the lack of $ that we will be making in the AAC, short of a major donation, I just don't see this getting done for years as long as we are outside the P5.

I would tend to agree, but what about all the money we are due from the departures? Or is that what will sustain us util we can get out of the AAC?

Think we need to stretch that out as far as we can to account for the major drop in revenue we are about to experience.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Bunch of Negative Nancie's and Debbie Downer's on this forum. DW said he and Judy want to build, and will do so as soon as economically allowable. Nothing more. Didn't hear anything about 15 or 30 years...some of you people love to throw numbers out there

Also heard DW say that since Judy has been there, shes overseen and acted with over a BILLION DOLLARS worth of new construction/upgrades at USF.

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/06/06/audio-justin-pawlowski-with-usf-ad-and-coach-willie-taggart/

My original Number Throwin' "And RayJ will probably be just fine for about another fifteen years (wasn't that the projected point at which some major upgrade$ would be needed?)."

Doug Woolard Part 2 …. Right at the ‘5:10’ mark…

Pawlowski: “Raymond James Stadium is fifteen years old. Shelf life on NFL stadiums, somewhere around thirty years or so. I know a lot of people at USF want an on campus stadium. Has the process been discussed, do you want an on campus stadium, or are you going to do what the Buccaneers do?"

Woolard:  "I’d love to have an on campus stadium, and I know president Genshaft would love to have an on campus stadium….

.….in the meantime we play in what is maybe the best NFL stadium in America.

…it’s just a matter of economics. "

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

you cant justify it if usf remains outside big 5

nothing should happen until usf starts piling up conference championships

North Texas and UNCC called.... they say you don't know what you're talking about.

Doug was talking a $300 stadium. North Texas spent less than 1/3 that, UNCC spent half of what North Texas did. They aren't in the same league as what he was discussing.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Your quote means nothing, the Commish was giving DW an easy out to say RayJ was still great for us. DW went the other way and said they'd build now if the situation was right and that they're serious "right now" about an OCS.

Nowhere does it say we're breaking ground as soon as tomorrow, or in as long as 15 years.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Unfortunately we are even further away from an OCS. The AAC financial pinch we are in has set us back

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Fantasy talk

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

...your quote means nothing,

Other than - unlike some, apparently - I did hear the 15 & 30 numbers being thrown about. And I didn't speculate as to when I think USF would - if ever - vacate RayJ for and OCS. However, if we're talking about the radioactive half life of an NFL stadium...

As for "they'd build now if the situation was right and that they're serious "right now" about an OCS."

Serious can mean a lot of things. Would it be wise to say we're 'not serious'? Ever? For the situation to be right, I think that means, at minimum, two things: funding in place and a Gopheresque design (no erector sets allowed!). Per DW's comments about USF fans being used to the quality of our current environment and, given the caliber of our other upgrades, the university has no interest in doing it second rate (put something up just to say you have an OCS).

Sooooooo....serious can mean several things, and given the absence of published deadlines and golden shovels ceremoniously breaking ground, we're just going to have to sit and wait...

:FIREdevil: 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Pay your money, root for USF and have a great time, win or lose, at the game.  It's entertainment and a great value.  Love those Bulls!

:guinness::applause:

/thread

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

...your quote means nothing,

Other than - unlike some, apparently - I did hear the 15 & 30 numbers being thrown about. And I didn't speculate as to when I think USF would - if ever - vacate RayJ for and OCS. However, if we're talking about the radioactive half life of an NFL stadium...

As for "they'd build now if the situation was right and that they're serious "right now" about an OCS."

Serious can mean a lot of things. Would it be wise to say we're 'not serious'? Ever? For the situation to be right, I think that means, at minimum, two things: funding in place and a Gopheresque design (no erector sets allowed!). Per DW's comments about USF fans being used to the quality of our current environment and, given the caliber of our other upgrades, the university has no interest in doing it second rate (put something up just to say you have an OCS).

Sooooooo....serious can mean several things, and given the absence of published deadlines and golden shovels ceremoniously breaking ground, we're just going to have to sit and wait...

:FIREdevil: 

Considering they've had a footprint on the Master Plan and a two year opt out on the lease, I'd say they've been "serious" for quite a while waiting for the situation to be right, which I think you described perfectly .... and nothing he said Thursday did a thing to indicate there is an actual timeline that was moved up or pushed back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

We don't put 40-50K butts in seats right now in one of the top 2 stadiums in the U.S.  Why would we all of the sudden have a massive increase in attendance with an OCS? 

Continue to grow the program, update facilities and the rest will take care of itself. 

Doesn't matter how many butts in the seats there are. What matters is how many tickets are sold,

http://www.gousfbulls.com/pdf9/1532885.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=7700

Butts in seats is very important when we are budgeting.  Parking, concessions, and merchandise are all lost revenue with no shows.  

Equally important, real attendance reflects real demand, which is what will drive our ticket prices into a happy medium.  When we sell 5,000+ tickets at $20 instead of $10, over 6 or 7 games a year, add in the concessions, parking, etc and we can quickly get in to tens of millions of dollars difference of what we can build