• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard: USF Serious About an On-Campus Football Stadium Now

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Glad to hear that it's on the "to do" list and that it WON'T be done on the cheap. Now we just need some specific OCS donation rallys/campaigns to kickstart the process. I know plenty of alumni who don't currently give, but would be willing to break open the wallet towards an OCS.

That is ******* sad ... does one of them live in LA?

• Upvote 1

How about http://kylefield.com for a model?   More seriously, when we decide to do an on campus stadium, we need to forget about building an NFL type of stadium with posh amenities.  We don't need lounge areas like the RJS end zones where fans are oblivious to what is happening on the field.  That would be a major negative in my opninion and is probably the number one reason why the in game atmosphere suffers at Raymond James.  Put concession and mingling areas behind the stands.

We need corporate suites because they pay for themselves and more with the donation costs.  We need an enclosed bowl for atmosphere, and we need the ability to get up to 85,000 or so for future expansion.  That number may sound ridiculous now, but there is no telling what the future holds; it might as well be planned at the start.

The stadium should be designed for maximum noise to make it to the field, and for focus on the game.  I'm not sure we shoud even have individual seats instead of benches, or maybe a combination of both.  Notre Dame had benches and it was a great game atmosphere.  The benches at old Tampa Stadium weren't bad either.

We don't need a palace of luxuries.  We need a home for the Bulls.

Go Bulls!

Funny...your description is an exact fit for UCF's Bright House Networks Stadium. 

Yeah, and notice all the support he's gotten. DW pretty much put the kibosh to building something like that ... of course, RayJay could get condemned.

Bunch of Negative Nancie's and Debbie Downer's on this forum.

True ... but on this thread it's mainly Reality Ralphs chiming in.

DW said he and Judy want to build, and will do so as soon as economically allowable. Nothing more. Didn't hear anything about 15 or 30 years...some of you people love to throw numbers out there

Didn't hear anything about starting a building campaign, either. He didn't say anything new ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Bunch of Negative Nancie's and Debbie Downer's on this forum.

True ... but on this thread it's mainly Reality Ralphs chiming in.

Reality Ralphs get mistaken for Negative Nancies and Debbie Downers ALL TOO OFTEN around here ... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Glad to hear that it's on the "to do" list and that it WON'T be done on the cheap. Now we just need some specific OCS donation rallys/campaigns to kickstart the process. I know plenty of alumni who don't currently give, but would be willing to break open the wallet towards an OCS.

No. Most are recent (08 and newer) grads who don't have the means to give regularly but love to go to the games and have season tickets.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

No. Most are recent (08 and newer) grads who don't have the means to give regularly but love to go to the games and have season tickets.

Like me! photo.jpg

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Anyone have numbers...I read $300 mil...

Financial breakdown...

using that figure what would our attendence have to be to break even...

what would our cash down payment amount have to be..

and terms of the loan?? etc

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

We don't put 40-50K butts in seats right now in one of the top 2 stadiums in the U.S. Why would we all of the sudden have a massive increase in attendance with an OCS?

Continue to grow the program, update facilities and the rest will take care of itself.

We averaged 44,130 last season, and it was probably one of the worst football seasons in our history.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

We don't put 40-50K butts in seats right now in one of the top 2 stadiums in the U.S.  Why would we all of the sudden have a massive increase in attendance with an OCS? 

Continue to grow the program, update facilities and the rest will take care of itself. 

Doesn't matter how many butts in the seats there are. What matters is how many tickets are sold,

http://www.gousfbulls.com/pdf9/1532885.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=7700

Edited by Bull-by-Marriage

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

USF will be able to fill 50,000 seats in an OCS, especially against in-state rivals. If we have a good first year under CWT, I would imagine the donors hop on the bus and we can expect an OCS in 5 years.