• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard: USF Serious About an On-Campus Football Stadium Now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

you cant justify it if usf remains outside big 5

nothing should happen until usf starts piling up conference championships

I knew you would chime in with this. How do you get 70,000 posts being so negative all the time? That's a lot of bitterness, you need some poosy.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

70000 posts consolidated into original thoughts would be about 6. :lol:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,957
  • Days Won:  12

With all the energy in the program right now, NOW is the time to make an announcement like this. If our program is full of excitement right now, it'll be through the roof if Doug make an announcement that fundraising is beginning. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

With all the energy in the program right now, NOW is the time to make an announcement like this. If our program is full of excitement right now, it'll be through the roof if Doug make an announcement that fundraising is beginning. 

Exactly. If they really have an idea of where the thing is going and are that interested, make a bloody announcement!

Exactly. If they really have an idea of where the thing is going and are that interested, make a bloody announcement!
Yes. Announce a 5 year fundraising plan, then email that to the Big12 commish along with some necked pics of his old lady

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

Where does all this top stadium in the U.S. come from, I constantly hear this. Yes, its a nice stadium, yes it consistently gets rated as having the nicest turf, and yes players like it here, but a lot of this has nothing to do with the fans in the seats. There are now 15 stadiums in the NFL that are newer than RJS, this is certainly Tampa Bias. We know we need an updated jumbotron. High School stadiums even have HD now. The club section is average at best and expected of a facility that is 15 years old. Again it's a nice stadium but the WOW factor went away years ago.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I have to admit, we must have the most bi-polar group of fans out there. Some think we're in the ****** because of conference realignment yet another group thinks we have enough excitement to start attempting to raise a couple hundred million dollars for an ocs .... and somewhere in the middle are the Ralphs.

I have to admit, we must have the most bi-polar group of fans out there. Some think we're in the ****** because of conference realignment yet another group thinks we have enough excitement to start attempting to raise a couple hundred million dollars for an ocs .... and somewhere in the middle are the Ralphs.

Making the announcement might get us over the hump and into a P5 conf. Could go Boise/BYU... Brand new stadium announcement at USF might be just the ticket. If we are stuck in Conf Crapola after the 5th year, just delay building it and sit on the money. What could possibly be wrong with this idea?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Where does all this top stadium in the U.S. come from, I constantly hear this.

I just heard it yesterday, on the radio from DW .... but I completely agree that, with all the newer stadiums, it's not one of the top ones in the NFL, but its still a lot nicer than most college stadiums.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This thread is hilarious.  He didn't say a thing that was new and a stadium is still at least ten years, but there is all this excitement over nothing.  

Looks to me like Woolard knew exactly what to say...

• Upvote 2