• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug Woolard: USF Serious About an On-Campus Football Stadium Now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

If they build it on the south location then the area where the tennis courts were going to be located could become a nice tailgating / parking area for games. 

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Orange Bowl to scale

RA0KVGLl.jpg

Then there should be no problem at all putting something like that south of the Dome, with a little road diversion and parking garages to offset lost spaces ...

my imagery is old and doesn't reflect Muma Basketball Center

You wouldn't have to worry about the Muma Center since they would build it on the rec fields closer to Fowler.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Orange Bowl to scale

RA0KVGLl.jpg

Then there should be no problem at all putting something like that south of the Dome, with a little road diversion and parking garages to offset lost spaces ...

Yeah, I know, but that really doesn't add that much in the overall scheme of things. Shift Alumni Drive a little to the south and should be good ... Only bad thing about there, though, is you'd be blocking the view of that great entrance of the Muma from most everywhere but right in front ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Orange Bowl to scale

RA0KVGLl.jpg

You wouldn't have to worry about the Muma Center since they would build it on the rec fields closer to Fowler.

Im guess that would the blocking the view of the Muma problem ... but I thought it was cool at Notre Dame how the basketball facility was right next to the football stadium.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If they were to build either south of the Sun Dome or north of the practice facility, Athletics would have to buy the fields from campus rec (yes, it may all be university property, but these departments have to 'buy' the property because they are part of their budget).  It also means Campus Rec would demand money for a new sports facility with fields (possibly with more softball fields). Not sure if they would have room for something like that on-campus or they might look to FSU who built a massive field complex off campus (5 softball diamonds, 21 fields, 4 of which are for lacross & rugby). Again, not sure if the university has the money to buy land elsewhere in the area to build something like that.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

^that is a pretty cool idea

kinda like that random zip line park they have down the street on Fletcher (at least I think it belongs to USF)

Edited by Bull

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Get the right funding, they should add a rock climbing wall/ rappelling tower,etc...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Get the right funding, they should add a rock climbing wall/ rappelling tower,etc...

Is that a metaphor? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If this thread makes it to 20 pages, can we ban all future OCS threads until they break ground?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Orange Bowl to scale

RA0KVGLl.jpg

Im guess that would the blocking the view of the Muma problem ... but I thought it was cool at Notre Dame how the basketball facility was right next to the football stadium.

I liked that as well when we were at ND.