• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some interesting insider talk on an OCS

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Wikipedia...the sage oracle of the interwebs...and the associated links to the gopher hole itself, has TCF @ 50K with an expansion option to 80K, for a cost of $303.3M to build. 

This place has some very nice amenities, and construction ran from July of '07 to just before the 2009 season kicked off.

https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/football?menu_id=B9ADB6FA-C85A-44B9-9946-282C3DA64EF3&sToken=1%2C0e755b9c%2C519a3758%2C1CA51F2A-2B6D-4CFD-984C-870344353531%2CDZqXrn%2Bo5ShcEIM98ODDzR7QfNQ%3D

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

As to #2:

1. Adventist spent about $14 million recently to gain an affiliation with the USF Cardiac services

2. The CMO of FHT is an USF Alumni who is pushing for more integration with USF Health

3. Adventist does not have 1 teaching institution nation wide; this would be the crown jewel

4. Adventist is making a play to purchase Tampa General Hospital; their new CEO was hand picked by Dean Klasko from Shands JAX; his specialty is mergers

5. They want the FHT campus to be a part of the USF Health area

Sorry, not following some of your acronyms. Could you break this out for us non-healthcare related folks?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

CMO: Chief Medical Officer

FHT: Florida Hospital Tampa (Adventist is the parent company)

CEO: Chief Executive Officer

JAX: Jacksonville, FL

Sorry about that....

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Everyone in athletics I have spoken to said they would be looking for 50k minimum capacity, with option to grow to 70 with add on. They would require numerous suites for sponsors, as well as a full club level seating option. I have heard that based on construction costs, and to get something of that caliber it would require at least $200M to build. They would want a large portion in committed donors, they would then sell bonds. Also heard from some pretty high ups that they would not settle for a UCF like stadium just to say we have an OCS. They want to bring people onto campus but not that badly and not at the sacrifice of the athletes or fans. I hope they stick to their guns on that and do not compromise. We may be headed for a mid major conference, but that doesn't mean we have to play or act like we belong there. USF has always done it the right way, and we should do the same in this instance.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Everyone in athletics I have spoken to said they would be looking for 50k minimum capacity, with option to grow to 70 with add on. They would require numerous suites for sponsors, as well as a full club level seating option. I have heard that based on construction costs, and to get something of that caliber it would require at least $200M to build. They would want a large portion in committed donors, they would then sell bonds. Also heard from some pretty high ups that they would not settle for a UCF like stadium just to say we have an OCS. They want to bring people onto campus but not that badly and not at the sacrifice of the athletes or fans. I hope they stick to their guns on that and do not compromise. We may be headed for a mid major conference, but that doesn't mean we have to play or act like we belong there. USF has always done it the right way, and we should do the same in this instance.

I think the ability to have 50K and then expand to 80K in two phases of 15K each would be reasonable.

Start out with 50K, either in a fully enclosed lower bowl (think 100/200s section of RJS)

OR

an east/west grandstand (100s and 200s) with open end zones and an upper deck on the west side (the first side to get shade/shadows in the afternoon), which would allow them to integrate press boxes and suites into one side of the stadium to start. (perhaps a single 100s section on one end to make it a horseshoe design (a la, the north/south endzones of RJS).

The 2nd and 3rd phases would be enclosing the lower bowl with a 200s section, and adding an upper deck on the other side. They could structure it (pun intended) so the 2nd phase could be a smaller and cheaper phase to maybe add 10-12K seats and the third phase which is more long term, would be 15-18K seats.

I'd like to see 54-55K, similar to Autzen Stadium in Eugene, OR where UO plays (different design of course, that design doesn't look super friendly to third levels going on top), then the second phase would be about 12K and that would be ~68K which would equal RJS at that point (or whatever exists in the future for the Bucs). The long term third phase for another 15-18K would put it over 80,000 and that just isn't going to happen for the foreseeable future so it's not important right now, just so it's in the plans if/when it ever came to that.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Anyone mention a time frame?

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Let's hope the Zepherhills $600 mill lottery winner is Alumni

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

any word on if the lotto winner is associated with USF?  *crossing fingers*

Does FL require you to claim your prize publicly?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Let's hope the Zepherhills $600 mill lottery winner is Alumni

Yes!!!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

any word on if the lotto winner is associated with USF?  *crossing fingers*

Does FL require you to claim your prize publicly?

Yes, it must be claimed publicly.