• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some interesting insider talk on an OCS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

There's no trailer park off 131st anywhere near BBD that I know of so I have no idea where this "top option" is located .... and it wouldn't matter anyway, IMO. An OCS that's not really on campus defeats the purpose of the atmosphere trying to be achieved by having one.

There is a trailer park on 131st street if you pass north over Fletcher towards Bearss. Actually there are a lot of them.

I see what Judy is trying to do and she is trying to expand the campus westward towards I275 because many, many, many parents of students, students themselves, donors, boosters, and everyone else at USF has had issues with the ghetto along Fletcher as you drive into campus.

At a meeting I attended on campus last year I heard Judy state that the majority of visitors to USF come to USF via 275 and never see the main entrance. Combined with what I'm hearing from my sources at Busch Gardens I think this might be legit.

If the campus of USF is extended west and the stadium is built on that new land, then technically the stadium would be on campus.

So where exactly does 275 drop you off on campus?

Would that be referring to rhe Bruce B Downs exit north of Campus? Isn't that 275? Not exactly the campus, but the direction from which I entered campus most of the time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,599
  • Days Won:  424

There's no trailer park off 131st anywhere near BBD that I know of so I have no idea where this "top option" is located .... and it wouldn't matter anyway, IMO. An OCS that's not really on campus defeats the purpose of the atmosphere trying to be achieved by having one.

There is a trailer park on 131st street if you pass north over Fletcher towards Bearss. Actually there are a lot of them.

I see what Judy is trying to do and she is trying to expand the campus westward towards I275 because many, many, many parents of students, students themselves, donors, boosters, and everyone else at USF has had issues with the ghetto along Fletcher as you drive into campus.At a meeting I attended on campus last year I heard Judy state that the majority of visitors to USF come to USF via 275 and never see the main entrance. Combined with what I'm hearing from my sources at Busch Gardens I think this might be legit.

If the campus of USF is extended west and the stadium is built on that new land, then technically the stadium would be on campus.

So where exactly does 275 drop you off on campus?

Would that be referring to rhe Bruce B Downs exit north of Campus? Isn't that 275? Not exactly the campus, but the direction from which I entered campus most of the time.

That's I-75 and still miles from campus. I have no idea where Dixie is referring to.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

If it were me, I would come up fowler from 275, turn north on BBD and then right into the campus (across from Panera).

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I see what Judy is trying to do and she is trying to expand the campus westward towards I275 because many, many, many parents of students, students themselves, donors, boosters, and everyone else at USF has had issues with the ghetto along Fletcher as you drive into campus.

At a meeting I attended on campus last year I heard Judy state that the majority of visitors to USF come to USF via 275 and never see the main entrance. Combined with what I'm hearing from my sources at Busch Gardens I think this might be legit.

Not sure what trailer park you are talking about. 131st and Fletcher are parallel. Maybe I am confused.

Anyway, the only trailer park I see on 131st is the Frontier Travel Park on Nebraska. It is right on 275. Too far from campus. At least 1.5 miles. I hope this is not what they want to do.

Went to Google maps to look this up, and Holy Crap, THAT brings back some memories. Used to date a stripper that lived there for a while. Strip club was right next door, called Library Lounge. Looks like it's a mini-storage now. Oh well.

Fond memories of the outdoor picnic table, LOL.

Strippers... Baby powder and glitter, an STD's calling card

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Not sure what trailer park you are talking about.  131st and Fletcher are parallel.  Maybe I am confused.

Anyway, the only trailer park I see on 131st is the Frontier Travel Park on Nebraska.  It is right on 275.  Too far from campus.  At least 1.5 miles.  I hope this is not what they want to do. 

Um...now that you bring that up, he did in fact say something like that-it may well be exactly what they decide to do, except building on Nebraska would be a terrible idea-from what I've seen the street is zoned commercial...and doing so would cause huge problems for getting from campus. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not sure what trailer park you are talking about. 131st and Fletcher are parallel. Maybe I am confused.

Anyway, the only trailer park I see on 131st is the Frontier Travel Park on Nebraska. It is right on 275. Too far from campus. At least 1.5 miles. I hope this is not what they want to do.

Went to Google maps to look this up, and Holy Crap, THAT brings back some memories. Used to date a stripper that lived there for a while. Strip club was right next door, called Library Lounge. Looks like it's a mini-storage now. Oh well.

Fond memories of the outdoor picnic table, LOL.

Strippers... Baby powder and glitter, an STD's calling card

Late 70's.  Back then, all it took was a shot an' you were all better. Or maybe a bottle of Pyrinate A-200...

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829

When I was with my former company I worked in Columbia S.C. and the stadium is a dump and for the record yes it is off Campus. The Campus is nice but it is surrounded by strip clubs LOL.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

When I was with my former company I worked in Columbia S.C. and the stadium is a dump and for the record yes it is off Campus. The Campus is nice but it is surrounded by strip clubs LOL.

..Interesting

I may be moving up there for my gf to do her PHD at USC

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645

My post earlier I said that the USF/VA are going to put up a building on Fowler and BBD this website should show you what I was talking about. This is the reason the stadium won't be there. This would be one of the best things to ever happen to research on Veterans and Veteran's rehabilitation physically and mentally... check it out... I'll also add this to the USF stuff board... can't remember the exact name... just remember people saying something about putting the OCS there...

http://www.research.usf.edu/vri/

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Good to see USF getting seriously involved in the rehabilitation and care of our nations hero's. Far too often they are forgotten once they return from their tours of duty.