• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some interesting insider talk on an OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I would only want an open air stadium.  Football should be played in the heat, cold, mud, rain, and (although we don't get it here) snow.

Go Bulls!

By the time USF get's a domed football stadium we'll be getting snow, because hell will have frozen over

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I would only want an open air stadium.  Football should be played in the heat, cold, mud, rain, and (although we don't get it here) snow.

Go Bulls!

Something like Husky Stadium with an over hang would be good.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

I just need a comfortable seat and some shade.. If it is a domed stadium can we put heat lamps on the visitors side to mirror the actual temperature out side..

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Cmon now, we all know it's going to be a retractable dome. First in college football, in the papers everywhere.

$750M taxpayer funded! In other news, Stu Sternberg and Joel Glazer sh..t bricks. LOL

Edited by Danm1983

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Note that the map with the "stadium outline" was made before the Muma Center was built.

Yes.. Which is why I included the newer plan.

The stadium is no longer outlined in that area, but the space to the north of the track and field is being kept completely clear/open, and even (as I mentioned) the tennis courts are being moved.  I remember it was  mentioned (by USF and not this forum :P ) that this area is where the stadium would be built... which ironically (if I remember right) was the spot that the ORIGINAL USF plans... and by original, I mean the late 50's/early 60's... a football stadium was proposed

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

No domed stadiums. I goto a Lions game once a year and watching at Ford Field just does not feel the same as when I used to watch other games at other stadiums.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

IF. IF they do actually consider an OCS what about the land that they use for the Ren Fest? Or (another huge leap here) extending Leroy Collins across Fowler and by purchasing the land used for Central Garden and Pet? Leroy Collins is already the big entrance to the University. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

Go Bulls!

By the time USF get's a domed football stadium we'll be getting snow, because hell will have frozen over

:roflmao:

IF. IF they do actually consider an OCS what about the land that they use for the Ren Fest? Or (another huge leap here) extending Leroy Collins across Fowler and by purchasing the land used for Central Garden and Pet? Leroy Collins is already the big entrance to the University. 

Across from LR Collins is a Quest/Moffitt medical center.

Central Garden/Pet is on 46th which is offset.

That would require a HUGE amount of money that USF already doesn't have (even more so purchasing the medical center to extend LR Collins.)

Regardless, USF already has long-term potental plans on the actual campus to build the stadium... and its right by the main dorm area, and close to the Athletic Center... why/how would anywhere else be better?

• Upvote 1

Why would the Bulls NOT renew the lease to play at the Trop?

Because they don't have one to renew .......?

And that's not happening... so .. why would the Bulls not renew?