• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some interesting insider talk on an OCS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

When I was with my former company I worked in Columbia S.C. and the stadium is a dump and for the record yes it is off Campus. The Campus is nice but it is surrounded by strip clubs LOL.

..Interesting

I may be moving up there for my gf to do her PHD at USC

I lived in the Columbia area for seven years.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

There's no trailer park off 131st anywhere near BBD that I know of so I have no idea where this "top option" is located .... and it wouldn't matter anyway, IMO. An OCS that's not really on campus defeats the purpose of the atmosphere trying to be achieved by having one.

There is a trailer park on 131st street if you pass north over Fletcher towards Bearss. Actually there are a lot of them.

I see what Judy is trying to do and she is trying to expand the campus westward towards I275 because many, many, many parents of students, students themselves, donors, boosters, and everyone else at USF has had issues with the ghetto along Fletcher as you drive into campus.

At a meeting I attended on campus last year I heard Judy state that the majority of visitors to USF come to USF via 275 and never see the main entrance. Combined with what I'm hearing from my sources at Busch Gardens I think this might be legit.

If the campus of USF is extended west and the stadium is built on that new land, then technically the stadium would be on campus.

So where exactly does 275 drop you off on campus?

Would that be referring to rhe Bruce B Downs exit north of Campus? Isn't that 275? Not exactly the campus, but the direction from which I entered campus most of the time.

Yes, she said that most visitors to campus come into USF from the backside down Bruce B. Downs from the east, or Bearss / Fletcher from the west.

Really depends if they are driving down or if they flew down and came from the airport.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

There's no trailer park off 131st anywhere near BBD that I know of so I have no idea where this "top option" is located .... and it wouldn't matter anyway, IMO. An OCS that's not really on campus defeats the purpose of the atmosphere trying to be achieved by having one.

There is a trailer park on 131st street if you pass north over Fletcher towards Bearss. Actually there are a lot of them.

I see what Judy is trying to do and she is trying to expand the campus westward towards I275 because many, many, many parents of students, students themselves, donors, boosters, and everyone else at USF has had issues with the ghetto along Fletcher as you drive into campus.

At a meeting I attended on campus last year I heard Judy state that the majority of visitors to USF come to USF via 275 and never see the main entrance. Combined with what I'm hearing from my sources at Busch Gardens I think this might be legit.

If the campus of USF is extended west and the stadium is built on that new land, then technically the stadium would be on campus.

Not sure what trailer park you are talking about.  131st and Fletcher are parallel.  Maybe I am confused.

Anyway, the only trailer park I see on 131st is the Frontier Travel Park on Nebraska.  It is right on 275.  Too far from campus.  At least 1.5 miles.  I hope this is not what they want to do. 

My bad... if you take 20th street across Fletcher then you are neck deep in trailer parks, duplexes that are like trailer parks, and the ghetto.

Outside of the trailer parks off 20th street the only other ones that I know of are in the middle of Nebraska between Fletcher and Fowler avenues.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

LANGGKZIRZVPJUG.20081221022627.jpg

Well, if the Bulls don't renew the lease. This could be home.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

LANGGKZIRZVPJUG.20081221022627.jpg

Well, if the Bulls don't renew the lease. This could be home.

Ummm... what are you smoking?

Why would the Bulls NOT renew the lease to play at the Trop?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

Why would the Bulls NOT renew the lease to play at the Trop?

Because they don't have one to renew .......?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

My post earlier I said that the USF/VA are going to put up a building on Fowler and BBD this website should show you what I was talking about. This is the reason the stadium won't be there. This would be one of the best things to ever happen to research on Veterans and Veteran's rehabilitation physically and mentally... check it out... I'll also add this to the USF stuff board... can't remember the exact name... just remember people saying something about putting the OCS there...

http://www.research.usf.edu/vri/

This will be in the USF Research Park.

The park resides on both sides of Fowler bordering BBD.

This park is VERY important to USF as it is crucial to its Research status now and the future.  There has never been any plans to locate the stadium here.

Hence, it is normally "greyed-out" on all Master Plan updates.

The only semi-official plans regarding the stadium have been locating it south of the Sun Dome in the former Master Plan (you can actually see the stadium outline):

MASTER-2005.png

The 2nd option (which I am unable to find) was putting it a bit north, between the Track and Field stadium, and Holly Drive, where the tennis courts are.

And no,the Track and Field stadium will not be town down as they consider it a desirable asset to have.  This is why that area has no proposed buildings on the newest master plan (and notice how the rest of the campus is practically packed.)  While the tennis courts are shown to be moved to the SE portion of campus to open the area:

MASTER-LongRange.png

Also, the area in the NE corner of campus is off limits, as it is considered protected wet-lands.

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think the second option is better. Looks like there's a big green space next to it than could be used as a tailgate area.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

My post earlier I said that the USF/VA are going to put up a building on Fowler and BBD this website should show you what I was talking about. This is the reason the stadium won't be there. This would be one of the best things to ever happen to research on Veterans and Veteran's rehabilitation physically and mentally... check it out... I'll also add this to the USF stuff board... can't remember the exact name... just remember people saying something about putting the OCS there...

http://www.research.usf.edu/vri/

This will be in the USF Research Park.

The park resides on both sides of Fowler bordering BBD.

This park is VERY important to USF as it is crucial to its Research status now and the future.  There has never been any plans to locate the stadium here.

Hence, it is normally "greyed-out" on all Master Plan updates.

The only semi-official plans regarding the stadium have been locating it south of the Sun Dome in the former Master Plan (you can actually see the stadium outline):

MASTER-2005.png

The 2nd option (which I am unable to find) was putting it a bit north, between the Track and Field stadium, and Holly Drive, where the tennis courts are.

And no,the Track and Field stadium will not be town down as they consider it a desirable asset to have.  This is why that area has no proposed buildings on the newest master plan (and notice how the rest of the campus is practically packed.)  While the tennis courts are shown to be moved to the SE portion of campus to open the area:

MASTER-LongRange.png

Also, the area in the NE corner of campus is off limits, as it is considered protected wet-lands.

Maybe I'm blind but I don't see the stadium outline but where the gray parking lot s/o the Sundome is would be a perfect spot, especially if those structres immediately west of it and the Dome are parking garages ..