• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

when do we fire Heath?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

This thread is embarrassing. 

Have you seen our recruiting class? Have you seen our facilities? If you look at the big picture have you seen what Heath has accomplished?

We have tremendous momentum. To fire a guy based on 10 conference games is absurd.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Team is pretty bad this year but certain circumstances(Injuries, Waverly Austin, Omo, etc) make this year a fluke to me. Maybe last year was the fluke. We wont find out until next year. 

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

And don't give me crap about how we made the dance last year.  This team is a joke this year.  I have NEVER seen a team with shooting this bad.  I think we could go to the outside courts and find guys that will shoot better.  At least drive the basket.  

I have season tickets, and just cry game after game after Big East loss.  

Trying to figure out why the board is so silent on Heath when they wanted to Kill Holtz for the same results.  

Is this a joke? Parody? Had you seen a USF basketball game before 12 months ago? You can't see the difference between Holtz taking over a competitive team and running it into the ground, and Heath taking over a team that was already in the ground and producing the best season (and two of the four or five best seasons) in the team's whole history?

The trend for Holtz's whole tenure was downward - there were big moments, especially the Notre Dame win, that for short spurts could trick you into thinking there was progress, but overall the team got worse throughout his tenure. With Heath it is the exact opposite - the team has gotten better throughout his tenure, even if there are times when they aren't playing well. You don't go overnight from basement to consistent postseason team in any conference, let alone the Big East before all the good teams leave.

For Heath to be fired, it will take:

1) A lot more than one bad season - enough to change the overall trajectory of the team from improving to getting worse

2) Some credible reason to believe there is a better option out there

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

So I am just wondering out loud - Has Heath already moved on to next season ?  Seems like the freshman are getting alot more playing time.  Even Omo was in alot for the Marq game.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's going to take time to build a program, especially here.  We aren't exactly known for our basketball prowess. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

With Henry the team will have a lot of talent and I believe can over come Heath's poor game preparations and offensive coaching. Without Henry I would not be surprised to see a season only slightly better then this current one with related to next season's softer schedule.

So you're saying that last year's team had tons more talent than the one we'll have next year if we don't get Henry .... Funny, I don't really ever recall you raving that much about the talent back then.   :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

Facepalm is probably your safest response because you have no other logical one.

I have already said what was needed this tread and the ones in the past. The BS replies you continue to come up with are old, predictable, and meaningless to me. The twisting of words and off topic stuff...come on man you rightfully earned that facepalm.

I didn't twist anything. It's called logical progression, something you obviously don't have a clue about since you keep making the same stupid assertions. You are implying that next years team, without Henry, won't be as talented as last years. Do you really believe that? It won't be as experienced, but not as talented? And next years without Henry will only be marginally more talented than this years?? Your obsessive hate for Stan makes you throw **** out there without really thinking it through. Stick to digging up articles on basketball recruiting, which you're really good at, and leave the assessing of Stan and USF basketball to those familiar with the situation.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

With Henry the team will have a lot of talent and I believe can over come Heath's poor game preparations and offensive coaching. Without Henry I would not be surprised to see a season only slightly better then this current one with related to next season's softer schedule.

So you're saying that last year's team had tons more talent than the one we'll have next year if we don't get Henry .... Funny, I don't really ever recall you raving that much about the talent back then.   :rolleyes:

Facepalm is probably your safest response because you have no other logical one.

I have already said what was needed this tread and the ones in the past. The BS replies you continue to come up with are old, predictable, and meaningless to me. The twisting of words and off topic stuff...come on man you rightfully earned that facepalm.

I didn't twist anything. It's called logical progression, something you obviously don't have a clue about since you keep making the same stupid assertions. You are implying that next years team, without Henry, won't be as talented as last years. Do you really believe that? It won't be as experienced, but not as talented? And next years without Henry will only be marginally more talented than this years?? Your obsessive hate for Stan makes you throw **** out there without really thinking it through. Stick to digging up articles on basketball recruiting, which you're really good at, and leave the assessing of Stan and USF basketball to those familiar with the situation.

LOL...yes you did

Also I'm going to keep writing like always about any and all things I choose. Just like you will keep being the overly sensitive, off topic, twisting of words person you always are. It's just the ways things are done around here.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think it's any obsessive hate with Heath as much as it is Vega wanting to think he knows more about the game or sport than he actually does. Heath is obviously doing a very good job here - there is no other credible way to interpret his time at USF, given the history he inherited. But for Vega to continue clinging to his deeply held but ultimately false belief that he actually knows something about the sport that others don't, he has to take the contrary position just so he has the potential to say "I told you so." That's how it seems to me, anyway.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

This thread is ridiculous. Heath stays and is in no danger.

+1

Not only that but good luck finding a replacement.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

211997_686017216_1969109580_q.jpg

•  

Patrick Cotter Â· 

I agree Dave, how disappointing that Heath did not capitalize on the team making it to the tournament and coming away with a 20+ win season. This is on top of a new arena and Practice facility. All the pieces were there. He should have made believers out of some highly touted recruits and did not. I think Heath can convince players needing a second chance to come to USF, yet I'm not sure he is able to bring in the blue chipper.

• 260707_100003523903369_1119632719_q.jpg
    Dave Berube Â· Parrish, Florida
    This team is miserable in the front court. Losing your 2 big men didn't help, but it is Heath's job to recruit to fill those spots. Really starting to wonder anout him.